With another exciting week of football under our belts, here are the Lester’s Legends 2014 Week 5 fantasy football tight end rankings.
1. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
Graham is averaging 85 yards and 0.8 touchdowns. He’s facing the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Graham averaged 125 yards and a touchdown in two games against the Bucs last year.
2. Julius Thomas, Denver Broncos
Thomas is averaging 53.3 yards per game, but has scored in all three games for a total of five touchdowns. He’s an elite fantasy option despite a tough match-up against the Arizona Cardinals.
3. Martellus Bennett, Chicago Bears
Bennett is averaging 73.8 yards and a touchdown. He has either scored a touchdown or topped 100 yards in every game this year. He faces the Carolina Panthers.
4. Greg Olsen, Carolina Panthers
Olsen is averaging 74.7 and 0.5 touchdowns per game. The Bears gave up four touchdown passes last week to the Green Bay Packers.
5. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
Gronk and the Patriots offense has yet to click, but the potential for a big outburst is there. Gronk has scored in three of the first four games. The Cincinnati Bengals present a tough challenge.
6. Jordan Cameron, Cleveland Browns
Cameron has just 70 yards on the year, but his shoulder should be close to fully healed coming out of his bye. Cameron had 917 yards and seven touchdowns last year. He should return to his role a high-end tight end against the Tennessee Titans.
7. Larry Donnell, New York Giants
Donnell caught fire last week catching three touchdown passes, but he has had at least 45 yards every game this year. Donnell is averaging 59 yards and a touchdown per game. At 6’6″ he is a great red zone threat for Eli Manning. I don’t expect multiple scores against the Atlanta Falcons, but he should be solid.
8. Delanie Walker, Tennessee Titans
Walker is averaging 79.3 yards and 0.8 touchdowns. He’s a solid TE1 against the Browns.
9. Heath Miller, Pittsburgh Steelers
Miller caught 10 passes for 85 yards and a touchdown last week against the Bucs. He should stay hot against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jags have allowed 321.8 yards and 2.8 touchdowns per game through the air.
10. Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers
Gates is averaging 53.8 yards and 0.8 touchdowns per game. He faces the New York Jets.
The Next Batch
11. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys vs. Houston Texans
12. Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagles vs. St. Louis Rams
13. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs
14. Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs at San Francisco 49ers
15. Dwayne Allen, Indianapolis Colts vs. Baltimore Ravens
16. Owen Daniels, Baltimore Ravens at Indianapolis Colts
17. Jared Cook, St. Louis Rams at Philadelphia Eagles
18. Coby Fleener, Indianapolis Colts vs. Baltimore Ravens
Also check out:
- 2014 Week 5 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings
- 2014 Week 5 Fantasy Football Running Back Rankings
- 2014 Week 5 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Advice