With another exciting week of football under our belts, here are the Lester’s Legends 2014 Week 8 fantasy football tight end rankings.
1. Julius Thomas, Denver Broncos
Julius Thomas is averaging 55.4 yards and 1.5 touchdowns per game. He was held out of the end zone for the first time last week. He’s as good as bet as anyone to score this week against the San Diego Chargers.
2. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
Gronk is averaging 58.4 yards and 0.6 touchdowns per game. He’s averaging 87.3 yards the past three games as he has become the focal point of the offense. That trend should continue against the Chicago Bears.
3. Greg Olsen, Carolina Panthers
Greg Olsen is averaging 70.4 yards and 0.8 touchdowns per game. He’s averaging 79.7 yards and a touchdown in his last three games. He remains a high-end play against the Seattle Seahawks.
4. Martellus Bennett, Chicago Bears
Martellus Bennett is averaging 60.3 yards and 0.6 touchdowns per game. The Patriots have struggled against opposing tight ends in recent weeks as Travis Kelce, Scott Chandler and Jeff Cumberland combined for 248 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
5. Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers
Antonio Gates is averaging 51.9 yard and a touchdown per game. He has four scores in the past three games. He should be peppered with targets against the Broncos.
6. Jordan Reed, Washington Redskins
Jordan Reed is averaging 73 yards the past two weeks. Talent has never been an issue. Now that he’s healthy, he’s a solid option against the Dallas Cowboys.
7. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
Jimmy Graham was able to play last week, but he failed to catch a pass. He is a risk given his health, but you know what he can do if he’s somewhat healthy. Monitor his status before using him against the Green Bay Packers.
8. Jordan Cameron, Cleveland Browns
Jordan Cameron was held to five yards last as the Browns were terrible. He had 102 yards and a score the previous week. Look for Cameron to bounce back against the Oakland Raiders. Oakland has allowed 1.8 touchdown passes per game.
9. Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs
Travis Kelce is averaging 51.2 yards and 0.5 touchdowns. He faces the St. Louis Rams. The Rams have allowed 1.8 touchdown passes per game.
10. Dwayne Allen, Indianapolis Colts
Dwayne Allen is averaging 43.6 yards and 0.7 touchdowns. He has four scores in his past five games. He’ll look to extend his scoring spree against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The Next Batch
11. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins
12. Delanie Walker, Tennessee Titans vs. Houston Texans
13. Jared Cook, St. Louis Rams at Kansas City Chiefs
14. Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagles at Arizona Cardinals
15. Heath Miller, Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Indianapolis Colts
16. Owen Daniels, Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals
17. Coby Fleener, Indianapolis Colts at Pittsburgh Steelers
18. Clay Harbor, Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Miami Dolphins
Also check out:
- 2014 Week 8 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings
- 2014 Week 8 Fantasy Football Running Back Rankings
- 2014 Week 8 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Advice