2010 Fantasy Football RB Rankings – Week 12
Click here to enter the contest to win a cool fantasy football t-shirt.
Image courtesy of Icon SMI
Here’s my Week 12 running back rankings.
1. Rashard Mendenhall @ Buffalo
2. Adrian Peterson @ Washington
3. Chris Johnson @ Houston
4. Arian Foster vs. Tennessee
5. Peyton Hillis vs. Carolina
6. Frank Gore @ Arizona (Monday)
7. Ray Rice vs. Tampa Bay
8. Michael Turner vs. Green Bay
9. Jamaal Charles @ Seattle
10. Knowshon Moreno vs. St. Louis
11. Maurice Jones-Drew @ New York Giants
12. LeSean McCoy @ Chicago
13. Ahmad Bradshaw vs. Jacksonville
14. Darren McFadden vs. Miami
15. Steven Jackson @ Denver
16. Ronnie Brown @ Oakland
17. Thomas Jones @ Seattle
18. Matt Forte vs. Philadelphia
19. LaDainian Tomlinson vs. Cincinnati (Thursday)
20. Cedric Benson @ New York Jets (Thursday)
21. BenJarvus Green-Ellis @ Detroit (Thursday)
22. Fred Jackson vs. Pittsburgh
23. Mike Goodson @ Cleveland
24. Mike Tolbert @ Indianapolis
25. LeGarrette Blount @ Baltimore
26. Christopher Ivory @ Dallas (Thursday)
27. Felix Jones vs. New Orleans (Thursday)
28. Danny Woodhead @ Detroit (Thursday)
29. Brandon Jacobs vs. Jacksonville
30. Maurice Morris vs. New England (Thursday)
31. Keiland Williams vs. Minnesota
32. Shonn Greene vs. Cincinnati (Thursday)
33. Brandon Jackson @ Atlanta
34. Tim Hightower vs. San Francisco (Monday)
35. Ricky Williams @ Oakland
Inside the numbers:
- The Raiders did a decent job slowing Rashard Mendenhall, but I’ll take a shot on him in the number one slot again as he takes on Buffalo’s league-worst run defense (163.5 yards allowed per game).
- Washington is giving up 131 yards per game on the ground. Adrian Peterson should find plenty of running lanes against them.
- Peyton Hillis’ magical season continues with a juicy match-up against Carolina, who is yielding 128.4 rushing yards per game. Hillis has ten combined TDs and 1125 total yards.
- Frank Gore failed to capitalize against Tampa’s previously porous run defense, but he should bounce back against Arizona.
- Both BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead are borderline RB2s against Detroit.
- Reggie Bush may be able to go against Dallas, but Christopher Ivory is still the RB to use for New Orleans.
- Mike Goodson will likely get another start, but he’s not a sure RB2 going up against Cleveland.
- Brandon Jacobs will get the start for the Giants, which moves him up a few spots. Ahmad Bradshaw should still be used heavily so I only bumped him down a few.
- I have been burned by Knowshon Moreno in the past, which made me back off a little on my rankings. I’m taking a leap with him. He’s been great in the past two games and has a good match-up.
Also check out:
- Sneaky Week 12 Fantasy Football Pick-ups
- Week 12 Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em Waiver Wire Advice
- Week 12 Fantasy QB Rankings
- Week 12 Fantasy WR Rankings
- Week 12 Fantasy TE Rankings
- Week 12 Fantasy K Rankings
- Week 12 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- Week 12 Fantasy IDP Rankings
- Week 12 Start/Sit Advice
- Week 12 Fantasy Sleepers