2011 Updated Fantasy Football Team Defense Rankings
Click here to enter the 2011 LestersLegends fantasy football team name contest!
Here’s an updated and expanded look at my 2011 team defense rankings.
1. Pittsburgh Steelers: Still steady. Still get to face their Ohio foes four times.
2. New York Jets: Revis Island should be better than he was last year. Scary.
3. Green Bay Packers: Clay Matthews, B.J. Raji, and the Champs came a long way last year.
4. New England Patriots: If Bill can motivate Albert Haynesworth, look out.
5. Philadelphia Eagles: Perhaps I was a little optimistic initially, but they are still a top five defense.
6. Baltimore Ravens: Still solid after all these years.
7. San Diego Chargers: Really bounced back nicely last year.
8. Atlanta Falcons: Could Ray Edwards solidify their pass rush?
9. Chicago Bears: Peppers and Urlacher keep the defense relevant.
10. New York Giants: Injuries forced them down a couple of slots.
11. Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh was the real deal. I’m not sure they are top ten yet, but they are capable of being a DEF1.
12. New Orleans Saints: Balanced offense should allow the defense more time to rest than in recent years.
13. Houston Texans: Really made an effort to improve their pass defense.
14. Dallas Cowboys: Secondary is still a concern. If only they could have landed Asomugha.
15. Oakland Raiders: Silver and Black is back.
16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: They are young, but improving
17. Minnesota Vikings: Their defensive line was once a strength, but not is a major concern.
18. Kansas City Chiefs: Derrick Johnson, Brandon Flowers, and Tamba Hali give the Chiefs some top-notch playmakers on defense.
19. Tennessee Titans: Losing Stephen Tulloch could hurt.
20. St. Louis Rams: Improvement will continue.
Also check out:
- 2011 Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- 2011 Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- 2011 Fantasy Football RB Rankings - PPR
- 2011 Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- 2011 Fantasy Football TE Rankings
- 2011 Fantasy Football IDP Rankings
- 2011 Fantasy Football K Rankings