2012 Fantasy Football QB Rankings – Week 5
With an exciting fourth week under our belts, here are the LestersLegends 2012 Week 5 fantasy football quarterback rankings.
1. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
The Redskins have allowed 326.3 passing yards per game and Ryan has is averaging 290.5 passing yards with 12 TDs (11 passing, one rushing). He has had multiple touchdowns in each game.
2. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
RG3 is averaging 63.0 yards and a score on the ground. Unreal. Not to mention the 267.5 passing yards and 1.0 passing touchdowns per game.
3. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
With 668 yards, five touchdowns, and no interceptions in his past two games, it looks like Peyton is back. The Patriots are allowing 281.5 passing yards and 2.3 passing touchdowns.
4. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
Brady and Manning get to renew their rivalry. Brady is averaging 330.3 yards over the past three games.
5. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
The Saints are struggling, but Brees is averaging 337.50 yards per game. He has tossed three touchdown in three of his four games. He has only faced his former team (Chargers) once, but he lit them up for 339 yards and three touchdowns.
6. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
He’s not getting it done with his arm, but he has ran for a score in each of the past three games. Seattle will be tough, but as a dual threat he is always a threat.
7. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
Rodgers isn’t providing the fantasy goodies with his feet that we have grown to expect. He also hasn’t been as consistent with putting up huge passing numbers. The game plan could be very run heavy against the Colts.
8. Eli Manning, New York Giants
I like the match-up, but Cleveland likely won’t keep pace long enough for Eli to put up top five numbers.
9. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
The Chiefs have allowed ten passing touchdowns. Flacco has averaged 369 yards the past two games. Another strong performance is likely.
10. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
The Saints are turrible, to borrow from Charles Barkley. They are yielding 276.5 yards per game through the air..
11. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals
Miami has only allowed six passing touchdowns, but they are yielding 297.8 ypg. Dalton has multiple TD passes in his past three games.
12. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
Philly will provide a test for Big Ben, who has eight touchdown passes in his past three games.
13. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles
He had a little more time against the Giants and was able to make plays with his arm and his feet. He has another tough test against Pittsburgh.
14. Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings
Ponder faces the struggling Titans, who have allowed 285.0 passing yards and 2.5 passing TDs per game.
15. Alex Smith, San Francisco 49ers
Smith and the Niners should have a more potent attack this week as they face Buffalo, who have allowed 269.5 passing yards per game and nine TDs.
16. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
He is playing at home with the bye week to prepare. The Packers have allowed eight* passing touchdowns. Only the replacement refs and Seahawks fans think it’s actually eight.
17. Matt Schaub, Houston Texans
The Jets were humiliated by the Niners. Schaub has six passing scores over the past two games, but with their ground game Schaub isn’t always a safe play.
18. Kevin Kolb, Arizona Cardinals
Kolb keeps guiding the Cardinals to victory. Last week he was able to put them on his shoulders and throw for 324 yards and three TDs. The Rams passing defense isn’t bad though so I would hesitate to use Kolb.
19. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills
He has 12 touchdown passes, but he has given a lot of points back with seven picks and a fumble. He also hasn’t faced a defense like San Francisco’s.
20. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears
He hasn’t gained my trust back yet. Faces Jacksonville.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy TE Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- Will Reggie Wayne Continue to Thrive?
- 2012 Week 5 NFL Picks