2012 Fantasy Football QB Rankings – Week 6
With an exciting fifth week under our belts, here are the LestersLegends 2012 Week 6 fantasy football quarterback rankings.
1. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
Oakland has allowed 283.0 passing yards per game and Ryan has the best trio of weapons in the league with Roddy, Julio, and Gonzo. He has thrown multiple touchdown passes every week.
2. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
Manning has averaged 337.7 yards and 2.7 TDs over the past three weeks. San Diego is giving up 260.0 yards and 2.2 passing touchdowns per game.
3. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
With seven touchdowns in the last two games it’s clear the Discount Double Check is back. Rodgers has a tough draw against Houston, but he’s capable of producing against anyone.
4. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
Tom Terrific also has a tough draw against the Seahawks. He’s averaging 303.7 yards and 2.0 touchdowns on the road, versus 269.5 and 1.0 at home..
5. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
He has his running game back and it should be in effect against Tennessee. That said, it’s a short week for Mendenhall so Big Ben will have more of the load. The Titans are yielding 279.6 yard and 2.4 touchdowns per game through the air.
6. Eli Manning, New York Giants
It doesn’t matter who is playing WR for Eli it seems. Of course it helps have Victor Cruz. The Niners present a challenge, but Eli will be up for the task.
7. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
Am I anointing him too early? He has multiple touchdowns in the past three games and has topped 300 yards in three of four games. The Jets are a mess and Luck and Wayne are proving to be a deadly combo.
8. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
Rivers has multiple TD passes in three of the past four games. He faces Denver, who isn’t yielding a ton of yards (215.0 ypg), but has allowed nine touchdown passes.
9. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles
He has been a major disappointment this year, but is always a threat. Detroit has yet to record an interception so perhaps Vick will avoid the negative points.
10. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
He has Megatron so there is always a chance for a big game, but Stafford just hasn’t delivered this year. The yardage is there (295.5 ypg), but he has only tossed three touchdown passes.
11. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals
The Browns will welcome Joe Haden back, but he could have some rust going up against A.J. Green.
12. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
He’ll have to pass his concussion tests, and if he does he’ll move up. The Vikings are aggressive so I’d temper your expectations.
13. Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings
Ponder is starting to get some traction. He has one of the best weapons in the game in Percy Harvin. Kyle Rudolph is a great red zone target. Adrian Peterson is a beast. The Redskins are giving up 328.6 ypg and 2.6 TDs through the air.
14. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
Dallas has only allowed 169.5 yards per game through the air. Flacco may not have to open it up against a struggling Cowboys team.
15. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
The Ravens have only allowed two touchdown passes this year. Romo has two touchdowns and seven interceptions in his past three games.
16. Alex Smith, San Francisco 49ers
Smith exploded against Buffalo, but it was the first time he topped 230 yards this year. It will likely be more of a track meet against the Giants, but he’s hard to trust for fantasy teams.
17. Matt Schaub, Houston Texans
Shaub is a good quarterback, but often the Texans rely on the running game and their defense. They will likely lean hard on Foster to keep Rodgers on the sidelines.
18. Carson Palmer, Oakland Raiders
Palmer has been a mixed bag this year and I don’t love his prospects against Atlanta, who has allowed just 203.0 passing yards and 1.0 passing touchdowns per game.
19. Kevin Kolb, Arizona Cardinals
Kolb took a big step back last week, but Buffalo has allowed 277.6 yards and 2.4 touchdowns per game through the air.
20. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills
Fitz had a bump in the road, but he still has 12 touchdown passes on the year. He has another tough draw against Arizona.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy TE Rankings
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- 2012 Week 6 NFL Picks
- What to do About DeMarco Murray?
- Should Brandon Gibson Be On Your Radar?
- Why Is Alfred Morris Not Getting More Love?
- Should Mark Ingram Owners Cut Bait?