2012 Fantasy Football QB Rankings – Week 8
With an exciting seventh week under our belts, here are the LestersLegends 2012 Week 8 fantasy football quarterback rankings.
1. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
He has four straight 300+ yard games with eleven touchdowns over the span. He should continue to roll against New Orleans’ weak secondary that has yielded 305.2 yards per game.
2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
Rodgers has sixteen touchdown passes…in his past four games. He’s on fire and is about to light up a Jaguars team that is giving up 264.5 yards per game.
3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
Denver is holding its own giving up 215.3 yards per game. They have allowed eleven touchdown passes though, and Brees is averaging nearly 350 passing yards a game.
4. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
RG3 continues to dazzle. He is putting up RB1 numbers on the ground plus he’s a terrific passer. Pittsburgh will have its work cut out for them.
5. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
Big Ben is averaging nearly 300 yards and two touchdowns a game. He gets to take on Washington’s league worst pass defense allowing 328.4 ypg and 16 touchdown passes.
6. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
Ryan failed to throw multiple touchdowns prior to last week’s bye for the first time all year. He should get back on track against Philadelphia.
7. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
He is still averaging 300+ yards per game, but doesn’t quite have the explosiveness as he has had in recent years. The Rams have a decent secondary, but Brady should still have a decent showing in London.
8. Eli Manning, New York Giants
Dallas is only giving up 187.3 yards per game, but Eli and his 300 yard per game average will drive that number north.
9. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
Luck hasn’t tossed a touchdown since Week 5. That should change when he faces the Titans, who have allowed 16 touchdown passes and 281.4 yards per game.
10. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles
Vick should look better coming out of the bye. Maclin should be close to full strength and Vick should be fired up facing Atlanta.
11. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
Cam is averaging 64.0 rushing yards the past three games. That’s the only thing that’s keeping him in QB1 range. His passing has dropped off considerably this year.
12. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
Romo still has more interceptions than touchdowns. The Giants are giving up 253.3 yards per game. Romo threw for 307 yards and three touchdowns in their first meeting. He has multiple touchdown passes in his last three meetings against the Giants.
13. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
Rivers won’t be taking as many deep shots so his yardage may suffer. Of course he’ll likely be less prone to throw picks. Cleveland struggled against the pass without Haden and in his first game back, but they help Luck in check. Rivers is a borderline QB1 option.
14. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
Against Seattle’s tough defense Stafford may be one to avoid this week.
15. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears
Carolina’s weakness is their inability to stop the run. It could be more Forte than Cutler. Of course with Marshall at his disposal there is always a chance for a big game.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 8 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 8 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 8 Fantasy TE Rankings
- 2012 Week 8 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 8 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 8 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 8 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 8 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- 2012 Week 8 NFL Picks
- What to Expect From Peyton Manning Going Forward?
- Should You Try to Trade for Malcom Floyd?
- Buy Low on Vernon Davis?