2012 Fantasy Football QB Rankings – Week 9
With an exciting eighth week under our belts, here are the LestersLegends 2012 Week 9 fantasy football quarterback rankings.
1. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
Assuming his receivers can actually catch the ball this week, RG3 should bounce back in a big way. I’m also expecting him to take on more of the load with his feet as the Skins take on Carolina.
2. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
He’s now at four straight game with 300+ yards and three touchdown passes. He should keep on rolling against Cincinnati.
3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
Matt Ryan had no trouble with Philly and Brees should bounce back against them. He’s averaging 330.0 yards per game and has had multiple touchdown passes in five straight games.
4. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
Rodgers didn’t have to do the heavy lifting against the Jags, but continued his streak of five straight games with multiple touchdown passes. He has 18 TDs and just two picks during that span. He takes on Arizona this week.
5. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles
It seems as if his starting gig is hanging by a thread. Good thing he’s taking on the Saints, who have allowed 15 touchdown passes and over 300 yards per game.
6. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
Ryan bounced back from a poor outing with 262 yards and three touchdown passes. He’s at 17 TDs to just six INTs. This week he takes on Dallas.
7. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
He’s still not scoring, both with the pass or on the ground. That should change this week when he takes on Redskins, who have allowed 19 passing scores and and 314.3 yards per game.
8. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
Takes on Giants, who just gave up 437 yards to Romo. Big Ben won’t make the mistakes Romo did. He’s averaging 283.9 yards and 2.0 touchdowns per game.
9. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
Really clicking with Witten. Needs to cut down on the turnovers. He’ll be airing it out against as the Boys take on Atlanta.
10. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
Showed signs of last year against a tough Seahawks team. Should keep it rolling against the Jaguars.
11. Eli Manning, New York Giants
Eli didn’t do much last week, but he can still dial it up when he needs to. The Giants takes on Pittsburgh.
12. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals
Takes on Denver who did a good job with Brees. A.J. Green could be the best receiver in the game though.
13. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears
Pretty quiet game from Cutler. He should dial it up against Tennessee, who has allowed 17 touchdown passes and 282.0 yards per game.
14. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
Had a nice bounce back game against the Titans. Takes on Dolphins, who are giving up 281.0 yards per game.
15. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
I don’t know what when wrong with the offense last week. I think it’s time for Norv to go. He could bounce back against the Chiefs, who have allowed 15 passing touchdowns.
16. Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Averaging 336.7 yards and 3.0 TDs in his past three games. Takes on Raiders who are giving up 246.4 yards per game.
17. Carson Palmer, Oakland Raiders
Palmer is averaging decent yardage (277.3 ypg) but only has nine touchdown passes. Takes on Buccaneers, who are giving up 309.6 ypg but just nine touchdown passes.
18. Matt Schaub, Houston Texans
If he needed to I think he could light up Buffalo. This will likely be the Arian Foster show.
19. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
Takes on the Browns, who have held Luck and Rivers to an average of 170.0 yards the past two games. Ray Rice should be very active in this one.
20. Brandon Weeden, Cleveland Browns
Had three straight multiple touchdown games before escaping the stinker against the Chargers with a win. He will likely have to throw more often against the Ravens, who appear to be a shell of their old self on defense. They should be better after the bye, but they are still vulnerable.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 9 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 9 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 9 Fantasy TE Rankings
- 2012 Week 9 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 9 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 9 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 9 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 9 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- 2012 Week 9 NFL Picks
- Is Andre Johnson Still Elite?
- Should You Try to Move Torrey Smith?
- Time to Bail on Kyle Rudolph?
- Grab Titus Young