2012 Fantasy Football TE Rankings – Week 1
The smell of football is in the air. Here are my 2012 Week 1 fantasy football tight end rankings.
1. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
Teams will likely have new strategies to deal with him, but his size and athleticism will make him a nightmare for Tennessee.
2. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
I really consider him 1-B. He is the same mismatch problem for Washington.
3. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers
Another freak athlete. Came on in the playoffs. Will be hard for Green Bay to slow.
4. Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots
The Patriots don’t shy away from using both of their tight ends. Hernandez is right on par with Gronk, which says a lot.
5. Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers
Gates is slowing a bit, but he’s still a force and the most reliable option Rivers has. He’ll be motivated against Oakland.
6. Jermichael Finley, Green Bay Packers
He could be along the lines as the guys above him if he could stay healthy and cut down on drops.
7. Fred Davis, Washington Redskins
RG3 would be wise to rely on his big tight end against the Saints.
8. Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta Falcons
Old Man Gonzo keeps churning it out. With Julio and Roddy it’s easy to forget the most prolific tight end in NFL history. He should do well against his old team.
9. Brandon Pettigrew, Detroit Lions
With a questionable running attack, he should see plenty of short passes when they aren’t going deep to Megatron and Titus.
10. Jermaine Gresham, Cincinnati Bengals
Had two solid games against Baltimore last year. Should have another decent effort.
11. Greg Olsen, Carolina Panthers
The Panthers envision Olsen as a Gronk type. Not buying that, but he should be solid against Tampa Bay.
12. Coby Fleener, Indianapolis Colts
Against the Bears, Luck will look to a familiar face in Fleener.
13. Jared Cook, Tennessee Titans
Another freak athlete. Will try to give Patriots a taste of their own medicine.
14. Dustin Keller, New York Jets
I have a hard time trusting the Jets’ offense right now. Keller is probably the best bet in the passing game.
15. Kyle Rudolph, Minnesota Vikings
He has good size and athleticism. Decent play against the Jags.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 1 Fantasy QB Rankings
- 2012 Week 1 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 1 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 1 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 1 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 1 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 1 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 1 NFL Picks
- 2012 Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- 2012 Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- 2012 Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- 2012 Fantasy Football TE Rankings
- 2012 Fantasy Football DEF Rankings
- 2012 Fantasy Football K Rankings
- 2012 Fantasy Football Top 50 Rankings