2012 Fantasy Football TE Rankings – Week 5
With an exciting fourth week under our belts, here are the LestersLegends 2012 Week 5 fantasy football tight end rankings.
1. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
Gronk had his first monster game of the year (104 yards, TD) and scored for the third time. He caught ten passes for 145 yards and three TDs against them in the playoffs last year.
2. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
Jimmy didn’t score last week, but he caught seven passes for 76 yards. Without a dependable running game or a defense that can make stops, the Brees air show will continue against San Diego.
3. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers
Had a slow day against the Jets as the Niners only attempted 21 passes in their rout. He had four touchdowns in the first three games. He should be needed more against the Bills.
4. Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta Falcons
Didn’t score for the first time this year, but still caught five passes for 51 yards. Washington has been terrible against the pass.
5. Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers
He hasn’t scored yet or topped 60 yards, but both could change this week against the Saints.
6. Fred Davis, Washington Redskins
RG3 has found a way to get the ball to Davis, and he has 160 yards over the past two games. He’s back and will need to be busy to keep pace with Hotlanta.
7. Greg Olsen, Carolina Panthers
Cam has really looked his way over the past two weeks (13 catches, 187 yards, TD). He should continue to see plenty of looks against Seattle.
8. Jermichael Finley, Green Bay Packers
He hasn’t had the monster game, but he’s been very active, catching at least four passes every game. Steady option against the Colts.
9. Martellus Bennett, New York Giants
He was one of the more disappointing tight ends last week, but scored the first three weeks and should bounce back against Cleveland.
10. Kyle Rudolph, Minnesota Vikings
Rudolph was another player that barely scored for fantasy owners last week. He should be a difficult cover for Tennessee, who has struggled to stop opposing tight ends.
11. Dennis Pitta, Baltimore Ravens
Hard to trust him after last week’s goose egg, but Pitta did have 18 catches for 188 yards and two TDs in his first three games. The Chiefs allowed TDs to Gonzo, Chandler, and Graham.
12. Heath Miller, Pittsburgh Steelers
He has four touchdowns on the year. The Eagles have been tough on tight ends though and he could find himself blocking more than the first few games.
13. Brent Celek, Philadelphia Eagles
He hasn’t backed up his monster Week 2, but he’s been pretty steady. Faces Pittsburgh.
14. Jared Cook, Tennessee Titans
The Viking allowed a tight end touchdown the first three games and a combined 83 yards to Pettigrew and Scheffler last week.
15. Jermaine Gresham, Cincinnati Bengals
Has five receptions in each of his past two games. The Dolphins gave up 87 yards to Owen Daniels and 86 to Brandon Myers in the first two games.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy QB Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- Will Reggie Wayne Continue to Thrive?
- 2012 Week 5 NFL Picks