2012 Top Five Rookie Fantasy Football Quarterbacks
Now that the NFL Draft is behind us it is time for fantasy football nuts to start breaking down the rookies. Here’s the LestersLegends’ look at the 2012 NFL rookie quarterback class.
1. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
RG3 and Andrew Luck are basically a coin flip in terms of fantasy value. I prefer RG3 slightly because of his rushing ability. Both have big time arms and are capable of making the throws. RG3 ran for 33 scores in college. That could translate into big fantasy points.
2. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
Luck figures to be a heckuva consolation prize (or RG3 if Luck goes first) in dynasty leagues. RG3 has borderline QB1 potential in re-draft leagues while I would put Luck at a QB2. There is a wide chasm following these two.
3. Brandon Weeden, Cleveland Browns
Weeden will likely be the third rookie QB to start. He figures to do a lot of handing off to Trent Richardson though. He is seasoned though so he could have some decent spot starts at times. I wouldn’t draft him initially.
4. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins
Tannehill won’t likely start for the Dolphins out of the gate, but could easily see a few starts along the way. He should only be drafted in dynasty leagues.
5. Kirk Cousins, Washington Redskins
Cousins would need an injury to RG3 to surface as a fantasy option. He would have had a better chance if he went elsewhere, but those are the breaks.
Also check out:
- 2012 Early Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- 2012 Early Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- 2012 Early Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- 2012 Early Fantasy Football TE Rankings
- 2012 Early Fantasy Football DEF Rankings
- 2012 Top Five Rookie Fantasy Football Running Backs
- 2012 Top Five Rookie Fantasy Football Wide Receivers
- 2012 Top Five Rookie Fantasy Football Tight Ends
- 2012 NFL Draft First Round Skill Players: A Fantasy Perspective