2012 Top Five Rookie Fantasy Football Tight Ends
Now that the NFL Draft is behind us it is time for fantasy football nuts to start breaking down the rookies. Here’s the LestersLegends’ look at the 2012 NFL rookie tight end class.
1. Coby Fleener, Indianapolis Colts
He has to learn how to play tight end at the next level, but at least he’s familiar with his quarterback. He caught 17 touchdown passes from Andrew Luck the past two years and he provides a big target (6’6″, 250) in the red zone.
2. Dwayne Allen, Indianapolis Colts
The Colts were serious about giving Luck some big targets, taking a page out of Bill Belichick’s playbook by taking Fleener with the 34th pick and Allen with the 64th. He caught 50 passes for Clemson last year for 598 yards and eight scores.
3. Michael Egnew, Miami Dolphins
Egnew was the Dolphin’s fourth selection, but he was still the 78th overall pick. He was much more productive as a Junior (90 catches, 762 yards vs. 50 and 523), but he doesn’t have much competition.
4. Orson Charles, Cincinnati Bengals
The Bengals have Jermaine Gresham, but two solid tight ends is chic. Charles caught 45 passes at Georgia for 574 yards and five TDs. He should be a nice piece in an up-and-coming offense.
5. Ladarius Green, San Diego Chargers
Green has the luxury from learning from one of the best (Antonio Gates) with a premier QB (Philip Rivers). He caught 15 touchdown passes over the past two years at Louisiana-Lafayette. He needs to add some weight, which could slow his ascent.
Also check out:
- 2012 Early Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- 2012 Early Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- 2012 Early Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- 2012 Early Fantasy Football TE Rankings
- 2012 Early Fantasy Football DEF Rankings
- 2012 Top Five Rookie Fantasy Football Quarterbacks
- 2012 Top Five Rookie Fantasy Football Running Backs
- 2012 Top Five Rookie Fantasy Football Wide Receivers
- 2012 NFL Draft First Round Skill Players: A Fantasy Perspective