2012-13 Divisional Round Fantasy Football RB Rankings
Here are the Lester’s Legends running back rankings for the Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs.
1. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
The Atlanta Falcons had the worst run defense of all the remaining playoff teams. They gave up 123.2 yards and a touchdown per game on the ground. Beast Mode has averaged 123 total yards with eight touchdowns in his past six games.
2. Arian Foster, Houston Texans
Foster has averaged 170 total yards with four touchdowns in his three career playoff games. Foster was “held” to 85 total yards in the first meeting with the New England Patriots, but he scored a touchdown.
3. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens
The Denver Broncos have the third-rank run defense, but Ray Rice is more versatile than most backs. If you slow him in the running game, he can still get his in the passing game.
4. Knowshon Moreno, Denver Broncos
Moreno averaged 110.8 with three touchdowns in the six games in which he assumed the starting gig. The Ravens ranked 20th in run defense, allowing 122.8 yards per game and 15 rushing scores.
5. Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers
The Green Bay Packers had the 17th-ranked run defense, but if you take away Adrian Peterson’s dominance, they were a little more respectable. Gore had a solid season and with Colin Kaepernick making his first playoff start, the Niners will likely lean on the veteran running back.
6. Stevan Ridley, New England Patriots
Ridley had 72 yards and a touchdown in Week 14 against the Texans, but that was one of five rushing scores allowed for the league’s seventh-ranked run defense.
7. Michael Turner, Atlanta Falcons
Turner scored 11 touchdowns this year, but he is all or nothing. If he doesn’t get in the end zone, he doesn’t provide enough yardage to make up for it. I particularly don’t like him against the Seahawks.
8. DuJuan Harris, Green Bay Packers
Harris scored, but only averaged 2.8 yards per carry. Ryan Grant took seven carries away and John Kuhn had a short touchdown run to go along with his short touchdown pass. Harris is the most reliable play among the Packers’ running backs, but I’d go elsewhere.
Also check out:
- 2012-13 Divisional Round Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- 2012-13 Divisional Round Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- 2012-13 Divisional Round Fantasy Football TE Rankings
- 2012-13 Divisional Round Fantasy Football DEF Rankings
- 2012-13 Divisional Round Fantasy Football K Rankings
- 2012-13 NFL Divisional Round Picks
- 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Top Ten Picks