2012-13 Divisional Round Fantasy Football TE Rankings
Here are the Lester’s Legends tight end rankings for the Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs.
1. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
Gronk led all tight ends with 11 touchdown catches despite playing in just 11 games. If my math is correct, that’s an average of one touchdown per game. He has averaged nearly a touchdown per game in his career with 38 scores in 43 games. He has three touchdowns in four playoff games. The scores all came in one game, but clearly Gronk is the top tight end option in the league.
2. Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots
Gronk’s partner in crime, Hernandez, was a force in last year’s playoffs. Gronk still commands the most attention from defenses, making Hernandez a dangerous threat. I could see Hernandez with more yards than Gronk, but Gronk’s touchdown prowess keeps him on top of the charts.
3. Owen Daniels, Houston Texans
Daniels snapped out of a little funk to catch nine of 11 targets for 91 yards in the Wild Card Round. I expect another heavy workload as the Texans as the Patriots struggle against the pass and will likely put a healthy amount of points on the board.
4. Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta Falcons
Gonzo was third among tight ends in yards with 930 and tied for fourth in touchdowns with eight. Father Time has not caught up with him yet, and with all the attention that Julio Jones and Roddy White command, he should keep plugging away. The Seattle Seahawks are a formidable foe so I’m feeling Daniels a little more this week.
5. Dennis Pitta, Baltimore Ravens
Pitta scored a touchdown in the Wild Card Round, marking his second straight playoff game with a touchdown. He had seven scores during the regular season. The Denver Broncos allowed nine tight end touchdowns this year.
6. Jermichael Finley, Green Bay Packers
Finley wasn’t a big part of the Packers’ Wild Card game, but he has topped 50 yards in six of his last eight games.
7. Delanie Walker, San Francisco 49ers
It seems like forever ago that Vernon Davis took the NFL Playoffs by storm. In his last six games he has 61 total yards. Walker has 246 yards and a pair of touchdowns during that span.
8. Zach Miller, Seattle Seahawks
Miller had 48 yards in the Wild Card Round and scored two touchdowns in his final four regular season games.
9. Jacob Tamme, Denver Broncos
Both of Denver’s tight ends are capable of having a solid game, but it’s not a given which one Peyton Manning will look to. This limits the value of both Tamme and Joel Dreessen.
10. Joel Dreessen, Denver Broncos
See Tamme, Jacob.
Also check out:
- 2012-13 Divisional Round Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- 2012-13 Divisional Round Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- 2012-13 Divisional Round Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- 2012-13 Divisional Round Fantasy Football DEF Rankings
- 2012-13 Divisional Round Fantasy Football K Rankings
- 2012-13 NFL Divisional Round Picks
- 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Top Ten Picks