2012-13 Wild Card Round Fantasy Football QB Rankings
Here are the Lester’s Legends fantasy football quarterback rankings for the Wild Card Round.
1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
Rodgers threw for 4295 yards and 39 touchdowns. He’s fresh off a 365 yard, four touchdown performance against the Minnesota Vikings. Rodgers has ten touchdown passes in the past three games and hasn’t thrown an interception since Week 13. He’s also the most seasoned quarterback playing in the Wild Card Round.
2. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
RG3 may not be seasoned, but he is amazing. He threw for 3200 yards and 20 touchdowns with just five interceptions. He ran for 815 yards and seven more scores. The Seattle Seahawks present a difficult challenge, but I can’t bet against RG3.
3. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
Luck set the NFL rookie record with 4374 passing yards. He threw 23 touchdown passes and added five scores on the ground. He faces a Baltimore Ravens defense that doesn’t have its usual bite.
4. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
Wilson was the third impressive rookie that really picked up steam as the season went along. He finished with 3118 yards, 26 touchdowns and just ten interceptions. He added 489 yards and four scores on the ground. The Redskins rank 30th against the pass, and were one of four teams to allow at least 31 passing scores.
5. Matt Schaub, Houston Texans
Schaub is capable of a big game, but often the running game does the damage. At home he has 13 touchdowns and four interceptions (nine TDs, eight INTs on the road).
6. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals
Dalton’s 26 touchdown passes are second to Rodgers’ 39 among Wild Card quarterbacks. Only 12 of them, along with 10 interceptions, came on the road (15 TDs, six INTs at home). That’s why I give Schaub the slight edge.
7. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
Flacco is the least consistent of the Wild Card quarterbacks. He finished strong, throwing seven touchdowns in Weeks 14-16. That paid dividends for fantasy owners that had to rely on him. I’d look elsewhere in NFL Playoffs fantasy leagues.
8. Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings
Ponder had an impressive game last week against the Packers, but this time he goes on the road. He had 119 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions the last time he faced the Pack in Lambeau.
Also check out:
- 2012-13 Wild Card Round Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- 2012-13 Wild Card Round Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- 2012-13 Wild Card Round Fantasy Football TE Rankings
- 2012-13 Wild Card Round Fantasy Football DEF Rankings
- 2012-13 Wild Card Round Fantasy Football K Rankings
- 2012-13 NFL Wild Card Round Picks