2013 Fantasy Baseball AL-Only Third Base Rankings
Here’s the 2013 LestersLegends Third Base Rankings for AL-Only Leagues.
1. Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers
All Miggy did last year was complete the Triple Crown. He’s far and away the Belle of the Third Base Ball. Cabrera should be among the top two players selected in fantasy drafts.
2. Adrian Beltre, Texas Rangers
Beltre has been dominant the past three years averaging a .314-87-32-103-1 line. There is not reason to believe that he can’t continue to rake.
3. Evan Longoria, Tampa Bay Rays
Longoria was limited to 273 at bats, but managed to hit 17 home runs with a .896 OPS.
4. Brett Lawrie, Toronto Blue Jays
Lawrie has breakout potential. He had double-digit home runs and stolen bases, which make him a fantasy asset. He has the ability to contribute in all five 5×5 categories.
5. Will Middlebrooks, Boston Red Sox
Middlebrooks had 70 strikeouts in just 267 at bats, making him a slight risk. He did post a .288-34-15-54-4 line. The power is real. He could easily be in the top ten among all third basemen in home runs and RBI.
6. Kyle Seager, Seattle Mariners
Seager quietly posted a modest .259-62-20-86-13 line. He has some decent pop and should benefit from the changes made to Safeco Field.
7. Kevin Youkilis, New York Yankees
Youkilis has some decent power, and he’s a much better hitter than last year’s .235 average suggests. Red Sox fans aren’t happy with his new home, but fantasy owners should get decent value.
8. Mike Moustakas, Kansas City Royals
Moustakas hit 20 home runs last year, but wasn’t a significant contributor in any other category. The Royals are not an offensive force, which limits his run and RBI potential. He also strikes out too frequently to provide a decent batting average.
9. Trevor Plouffe, Minnesota Twins
Plouffe was one of the biggest surprises, smacking 24 home runs. He’s a career .231 hitter which, along with the Twins’ offense, threatens his counting numbers.
10. Manny Machado, Baltimore Orioles
Machado will turn 21 in July so there could be some growing pains, but he also brings plenty of potential.
Also check out:
- 2013 Best Fantasy Baseball Team Name Contest
- 2013 Fantasy Baseball First Base Rankings
- 2013 Fantasy Baseball Second Base Rankings
- 2013 Fantasy Baseball Third Base Rankings
- 2013 Fantasy Baseball Additional Third Base Options
- 2013 Fantasy Baseball Shortstop Rankings
- 2013 Fantasy Baseball Catcher Rankings
- 2013 Fantasy Baseball Outfielder Rankings
- 2013 Fantasy Baseball Designated Hitter Rankings
- 2013 Fantasy Baseball Starting Pitcher Rankings
- 2013 Fantasy Baseball Closer Rankings