2013 Fantasy Football QB Rankings – Week 1
The smell of football is in the air. Here are the LestersLegends 2013 Week 1 fantasy football quarterback rankings.
1. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints vs. Atlanta Falcons
Brees is attempting to reach the 5,000 yard mark for the third straight year. In two games against the Falcons last year, he averaged 319.5 yards. He has averaged 319.1 yards in his past 10 meetings with Atlanta.
2. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints
Ryan broke out last year with 4,719 yards and 32 touchdowns last year. He has averaged 325 yards in his past four meetings with the Saints.
3. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions vs. Minnesota Vikings
Stafford has thrown for 10,005 yards over the past two years. He has averaged 313.3 yards in his past four starts against the Vikings.
4. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos vs. Baltimore Ravens
Manning took Denver by storm last year with 4,659 yards and 37 touchdown passes. Wes Welker joined Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker to form one of the league’s best receiving group. Manning won’t have to contend with Ray Lewis or Ed Reed.
6. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers
Rodgers had 84 touchdown passes over the past two years. He added five more on the ground. He started and ended the year against the 49ers, averaging 280 passing yards, 27.5 rushing yards and two touchdowns.
6. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers vs. Green Bay Packers
Kaepernick exploded on the scene last year, turning heads with his athleticism. He ran for 181 yards and two touchdowns in the playoff win over the Packers. He also threw for 263 yards and another pair of scores.
7. Tom Brady, New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills
Brady threw for 10,062 yards over the past two years, but has a new cast of characters to work with. He should have no problem making new stars against the Bills.
8. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers vs. Seattle Seahawks
Cam is averaging 3,960 passing yards, 723.5 rushing yards, 20 passing touchdowns and 11 rushing touchdowns in his two years. The Seahawks held him to 141 passing and 42 rushing yards last year, but the threat he brings with his feet should bolster his fantasy numbers.
9. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers
Wilson threw for 3,118 yards and 26 touchdowns. He added 489 yards and three scores on the ground. He had an 8:1 touchdown to interception ratio in the second half last year. He should continue to blossom against the Panthers.
10. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants
Romo quietly threw for 4,903 yards and 28 touchdowns last year, including 744 yards and four scores against the G-Men. He really took off in the second half, throwing 18 touchdowns to six picks as Dez Bryant emerged.
11. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins vs. Philadelphia Eagles
RGIII threw for just 398 yards in his two meetings with the Eagles last year, but managed to throw six touchdown passes. He’ll likely be pretty quiet with his feet in his first game back, but he’s still such a threat.
12. Eli Manning, New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys
Consistency was an issue for Eli last year. He also struggled against the Cowboys, totaling 405 yards, one touchdown and one interception in the two games. In 2011 he threw for 746 yards, five touchdowns and one interception against them.
13. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins
The Eagles are going to try to run more plays than the average offense under Chip Kelly. That sort of volume should help Vick. As should Vick’s running ability, which will be on full display against the Redskins.
14. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts @ Oakland Raiders
Luck had an amazing rookie season throwing for 4,374 yards and 23 touchdowns. He added five scores on the ground. The Colts figure to be a more balanced team under offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton. The Raiders will struggle on offense, which should limit Luck’s attempts and make him only a borderline QB1 in the opener.
15. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans
Big Ben threw for 3,265 yards and 26 touchdown in 13 games, including 363 yards and a touchdown against the Titans. He’ll be as healthy in this one as he will be all year long.
Also check out:
- 2013 Week 1 Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- 2013 Week 1 Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- 2013 Week 1 Fantasy Football TE Rankings
- 2013 Week 1 Fantasy Football DEF Rankings
- 2013 Week 1 Fantasy Football K Rankings
- 2013 Week 1 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2013 Week 1 Fantasy Football Sit-Start
- 2013 Week 1 NFL Picks
- 2013 Updated Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- 2013 Updated Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- 2013 Updated Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- 2013 Updated Fantasy Football TE Rankings
- 2013 Early Fantasy Football K Rankings
- 2013 Updated Fantasy Football DEF Rankings