2013 Fantasy Football WR Rankings – NFL Week 8
With another exciting week of football under our belts, here are the Lester’s Legends 2013 Week 8 fantasy football wide receiver rankings.
1. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions
He’s back! Calvin Johnson returned to Megatron form against the Cincinnati Bengals with 155 yards and a pair of touchdowns. This week he’s the Dallas Cowboys’ problem. The have allowed 291.9 yards and a pair of touchdowns per game.
2. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
Dez Bryant is averaging 81.3 yards and 0.9 touchdowns. I’m expecting a shootout with the Detroit Lions as Dez tries to keep up with Megatron. The Lions have allowed 282 yards and 1.4 touchdowns per game.
3. Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers
Jordy Nelson is averaging 87.7 yards and 0.8 touchdowns per game. He was able to score on Joe Haden. Imagine what he’ll do to the Minnesota Vikings’ secondary.
4. Victor Cruz, New York Giants
The New York Giants aren’t good, but they can move the ball through the air. That shouldn’t be a problem this week against the Philadelphia Eagles. The Birds have allowed 311.6 yards and two touchdowns per game.
5. Wes Welker, Denver Broncos
Wes Welker is averaging 67.7 yards and 1.1 touchdowns per game. He should continue to roll against the Washington Redskins. The Skins have allowed 262.8 yards and 1.8 touchdowns per game.
6. A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals
A.J. Green is averaging 88.4 yards and 0.7 touchdowns per game. He has gone over 100 yards with a touchdown in the past two games. The Cincinnati Bengals are facing the New York Jets this week. The Jets have allowed 10 passing scores.
7. Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos
Demaryius Thomas is averaging 87.1 yards and 0.7 touchdowns per game. He’s a little frustrating because Peyton Manning hasn’t been going to him early, but he finishes with solid numbers.
8. Pierre Garcon, Washington Redskins
The Redskins are going to have to air it out to keep pace with the Broncos. Pierre Garcon is averaging 77.7 yards and 0.3 touchdowns. The Broncos have allowed 319.9 yards and a pair of touchdowns per game.
9. Vincent Jackson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Vincent Jackson is averaging 90.7 yards and 0.7 touchdowns. He has really clicked with Mike Glennon, scoring four touchdowns in the past two games. This week he takes on a tough Carolina Panthers defense, but Jackson is a tough cover due to his size.
10. DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagles
DeSean Jackson is averaging 87.1 yard and 0.7 touchdowns, but he is at the mercy of his quarterback situation. Hopefully Michael Vick can play against the New York Giants.
11. Eric Decker, Denver Broncos
Decker is averaging 89.6 yards and 0.4 touchdowns. Peyton spreads the wealth.
12. Harry Douglas, Atlanta Falcons
Harry Douglas stepped up for the Atlanta Falcons with Julio Jones and Roddy White out catching seven passes for 149 yards and a score against the Bucs. Matt Ryan will continue to go to him against the Arizona Cardinals. The Cards have allowed 252.7 yards and 1.9 touchdowns per game.
13. Jarrett Boykin, Green Bay Packers
The Green Bay Packers were short-handed with injuries to Randall Cobb and James Jones. Jarrett Boykin went out and caught eight passes for 103 yards and a score. Now that he has Aaron Rodgers’ confidence, he should be heavily involved this against the Vikings as well.
14. Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers
Antonio Brown is averaging 91.3 yards and 0.3 touchdowns per game. He should get plenty of looks against the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders have allowed 241 yards and 1.5 touchdowns per game.
15. Justin Blackmon, Jacksonville Jaguars
Justin Blackmon came back to Earth with 58 yards against the San Diego Chargers. This week he faces the San Francisco 49ers. The Niners have allowed 219.4 yards and 1.3 touchdowns.
16. Hakeem Nicks, New York Giants
Hakeem Nicks should see plenty of targets against a soft Philadelphia Eagles secondary.
17. Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
Larry Fitzgerald is averaging 60.3 yards and 0.6 touchdowns per game. Playing on Thursday gave his hamstring more time to heal before facing the Falcons. They have allowed 266.7 yards and 2.3 touchdowns per game.
18. Anquan Boldin, San Francisco 49ers
Anquan Boldin is averaging 70.7 yards and 0.3 touchdowns. He’s inconsistent, but is a solid play against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jags have allowed 15 passing touchdowns.
19. Mike Wallace, Miami Dolphins
Mike Wallace is averaging 59.5 yards with just one touchdown in six games. He’s been targeted 26 times in his past two games. That trend should continue against the New England Patriots.
20. Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers
Steve Smith is averaging just 48.8 yards, but he has scored a touchdown in back-to-back weeks. He could make it three straight against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
21. Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns
Josh Gordon is averaging 90 yards and 0.4 touchdowns. Unfortunately he’s facing the Kansas City Chiefs this week. Brandon Weeden will spend a lot of time on his back.
22. Marques Colston, New Orleans Saints
Marques Colston is averaging 54 yards per game with just one touchdown. This week, coming out of a bye, is a good time for Colston to get back on track against the Buffalo Bills. The Bills have allowed 256.9 yards and 2.1 touchdowns per game.
23. Cecil Shorts III, Jacksonville Jaguars
Cecil Shorts III is averaging 70.1 yards. He showed incredible toughness playing through pain to finish with eight catches for 80 yards against the San Diego Chargers.
24. Terrance Williams, Dallas Cowboys
Terrance Williams has scored a touchdown in three straight games. He should be able to exploit the Lions’ secondary with most of the attention on Dez and Jason Witten.
25. Rueben Randle, New York Giants
Randle should also be involved in a shootout with the Eagles.
26. Michael Floyd, Arizona Cardinals
Michael Floyd is averaging 59.4 yards. He should get plenty of chances against the Falcons.
Also check out:
- 2013 Week 8 Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- 2013 Week 8 Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- 2013 Week 8 Fantasy Football TE Rankings
- 2013 Week 8 Fantasy Football DEF Rankings
- 2013 Week 8 Fantasy Football K Rankings
- 2013 Week 8 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2013 Week 8 Fantasy Football Sit-Start
- 2013 Week 8 Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em Waiver Wire Advice
- Should You Buy Low on Marques Colston?
- Is It Time to Dump Carson Palmer?
- Don’t Give Up on the Houston Texans Defense
- Dealing With Week 7 Injuries
- 2013 Week 8 NFL Picks