25 things about Lester
I was tagged by CK to share 25 things about me. Here goes.
1. I am 33 with a wonderful wife and two adorable kids.
2. It was love at first sight for me and my wife. My sister set us up. We met at a party at my house and have never looked back.
3. I am very shy unless I’m drinking, in which case I won’t stop talking.
4. My favorite beer is Guinness.
5. I once won a Super Bowl Party chugging contest at a bar in Syracuse. The beer was Cave Creek Chili Beer. I swallowed the pepper. The guy demanded a rematch and I destroyed him mainly because we switched to a normal beer and my mouth was on fire.
6. Although I am not a good singer, I enjoy the occasional Karaoke.
7. I’m a pretty good dancer, which at times mortifies my wife because she does not like to dance.
8. I love to fish, but do not like to eat them.
9. Speaking of fishing, I’m afraid to touch fish. Even Sunfish.
10. Basketball used to be my favorite sport. I was pretty good at it when I was younger. I hit six threes in the fourth quarter one game en route to a career high 26 points. Larry Bird is my favorite player.
11. Even though football is now my favorite sport, the Red Sox are my favorite team. I once posed a question on my Sporting News blog whether I would trade the three Patriots Super Bowl titles to keep the 2004 Red Sox World Series title. I said “Yes”.
12. I have a goal of visiting all 50 states with my wife and having adult fun in each of them. We are 38% done.
13. I once got separated from my buddies on the way to the bar after we had been drinking and ended up sharing a pizza and a pitcher of beer with a panhandler.
14. I have had numerous nicknames over the years: Big Dog, Bigs, Baby Bigs, Red Dog, Jock Dog, Sporto, Animal, Conquistador, Tank, Flyin’ Ryan, Private Ryan, and many others that I’m leaving out.
15. In the 8th grade I got kicked out of class for talking on the first day of school.
16. My Spanish teacher used to take my book away from me during class because I wouldn’t stop doing my homework during class.
17. As a kid I used to give my piano teacher a plate of cookies to distract him. He would eat the cookies and feed them to my dogs. I hated piano, though I still remember a few songs.
18. My first concert was Billy Joel in the Carrier Dome. The last concert I went to was Kid Rock. I went with my wife who was pregnant with our first son. I think that’s why he’s so wild.
19. My wife is a heavy sleeper while I am a light sleeper so I am the one that gets up with the kids. I complain about it at times to my wife, but I actually love the special time with my kids.
20. In college I great my hair out so long that I could put my bangs in my mouth. The sides and back were shaved but the top was long. I always wore a hat though.
21. If you go way back in my family tree I have ties to the Hatfields or the McCoys. I can’t remember which one.
22. It took me six tries to get my Driver’s License. I should have passed the first time, and nerves got me the rest of the times. One of them my brother went in to use the bathroom. I moved the car up without him and I failed on the spot. My brother was PISSED.
23. My favorite movie ever is Stand by Me.
24. The Beatles are my favorite band, though I like pretty much anything from old school rap to blues to alternative to pop. I even can tolerate a little country from time to time. I don’t do Jazz though.
25. Once during Hell Week of my fraternity I fell asleep in a class that had about eight students.
I’m tagging newcomer McSpazz.