Adam Dunn’s Turn for an Appendectomy
(Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
I thought the NFL was a copycat league. Apparently Adam Dunn didn’t get the memo. Like Matt Holliday, Dunn underwent an emergency appendectomy early this morning. Like Holliday he’ll hope to make a speedy recovery. Dunn was hitting .286 with three runs, a home run, and five RBI. Here are some early season options that could help fill the void while he is out.
- Gaby Sanchez, FLA: .444, two runs, two RBI
- Ike Davis, NYM: .333, three runs, one HR, four RBI
- Justin Smoak, SEA: .294, one run, one RBI
- Lyle Overbay, PIT: .278, one run, one HR, three RBI
- Garrett Jones, PIT: .250, two runs, one HR, one RBI