With an exciting opening week of football under our belts, here are the Lester’s Legends 2014 Week 2 fantasy football quarterback rankings.
1. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
Manning picked up where he left 2013 off by tossing three touchdowns in Week 1 against the Indianapolis Colts. He gets the Kansas City Chiefs this week at home. The Chiefs allowed 266 yards and a pair of touchdowns last week to Jake Locker. Manning averaged 363 yards and three touchdowns in two meetings with Kansas City last year.
2. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
Brees threw for 333 yards and a touchdown last week against the Atlanta Falcons. They surprisingly had three rushing touchdowns, which hurt Brees’ fantasy production. Things should return to normal next week against the Cleveland Browns. Ben Roethlisberger lit them up to the tune of 365 yards and a score. Jimmy Graham, Marques Colston, Brandin Cooks and Pierre Thomas give Brees plenty of firepower.
3. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
Stafford got off to an impressive start throwing for 346 yards and two touchdowns. He even added a rushing score. Stafford faces the Carolina Panthers. The Panthers gave up 230 yards and two touchdowns to Derek Anderson last week. Imagine what Stafford can do against them with his weapons.
4. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
Rodgers had the misfortune of playing the Seattle Seahawks in the NFL opener, which resulted in 189 yards and one touchdown. Clearly he can do much better against the New York Jets this week. They gave up two touchdown passes to Derek Carr and the Oakland Raiders last week. Look for Rodgers to return to form this week.
5. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
Luck threw for 370 yards and a pair of touchdowns against the Broncos. He added 19 yards and a score with his feet. He’s a strong play against a Philadelphia Eagles team that allowed Chad Henne to throw for 266 yards and a pair of scores.
6. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
Matty Ice exploded for 448 yards and three touchdowns against the New Orleans Saints last week. This week he faces the Cincinnati Bengals. They were just exploited for 345 yards by Joe Flacco. Look for Ryan to spread it around to his stable of wide receivers.
7. Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles
It took Foles a little time to get warmed up, but he finished with 322 yards and two touchdowns. He goes up against the Colts in what should be a high-scoring affair.
8. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
Brady and the New England Patriots look to bounce back after a stinging loss to the Miami Dolphins. Brady threw for 249 yards and a score. Look for him to exploit a Vikings’ secondary that was not tested in the season opener by the St. Louis Rams.
9. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
Kaepernick threw a pair of touchdowns early, but was able to put on the brakes after jumping on the Dallas Cowboys. The Chicago Bears should put up more of a fight.
10. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals
Dalton threw for 301 yards and a touchdown last week against the Baltimore Ravens. Look for another big game as he trades blows with Ryan and the Falcons. Atlanta gave up 333 yards last week.
The Next Batch
11. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers vs. Detroit Lions
12. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears @ San Francisco 49ers
13. Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans vs. Dallas Cowboys
14. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys @ Tennessee Titans
15. Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals @ New York Giants
16. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens
17. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
18. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks @ San Diego Chargers
19. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
20. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Houston Texans @ Oakland Raiders
Also check out:
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Running Back Rankings
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Wide Receiver Rankings
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Tight End Rankings
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Kicker Rankings
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Team Defense Rankings
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Start/Sit
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Advice
- 2014 Week 2 NFL Picks