Should You Be Concerned With A.J. Green in Week 16?
Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green snapped his streak of three straight games without scoring a touchdown in the Thursday Night Football win over the Philadelphia Eagles? The Bengals continue their Pennsylvania two-step with a game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 16. Should you be concerned with the matchup?
Naturally, you likely aren’t thrilled that your star receiver is playing the Steelers in Pittsburgh for you fantasy football championship. Yes, he scored a touchdown in the first meeting, but it was his only reception out of six targets. Plus, it was just an eight-yard grab. You can obviously do worse than the 6.8 fantasy points he had, but it was definitely frustrating.
Green has played the Steelers three times now. In two of the three games he caught just one pass. Nonetheless, he has scored a touchdown in all three meetings. Green is not intimidated by the Black & Gold.
Green has tapered off a little. Along with scoring just one touchdown in his past four games, he has combined for 101 yards receiving in his past two games.
Green had scored a touchdown in nine straight games from Week 2 through Week 11.
I wouldn’t go hitting the panic button just yet. Green is averaging 86.3 yards per game with 11 touchdowns in 14 games. There are only four games in which he failed to score a touchdown. Green is averaging 77.5 yards per game in those games.
Not every matchup is ideal. Green is not afraid to play the Steelers. The last time he went into Pittsburgh, he caught six passes for 87 yards and a score.
You just may need some of you other your other players to pick up some slack next week.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 15 Fantasy QB Rankings
- 2012 Week 15 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 15 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 15 Fantasy TE Rankings
- 2012 Week 15 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 15 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 15 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 15 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 15 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- 2012 Week 15 NFL Picks
- Should You Ignore Denarius Moore?
- Can Cam Newton Deliver a Fantasy Championship?
- Can You Trust Reggie Bush?
- The Bryce is Wrong?