Should You Ditch James Jones?
Wide Receiver James Jones leads the Green Bay Packers with eight touchdown receptions. He’s third on the team in receptions (42) and yards (495) and is tied for second with 67 targets. He did not get a look last week and Greg Jennings is set to return. Is now the time to move on?
Not so fast.
Greg Jennings (groin) has made it through practice, but the risk of re-injuring it during a game is significantly greater. Plus, it will likely take some time to get in game shape.
Besides, Jones is still capable of flashing that big-play ability. If he can get open, Aaron Rodgers will find him.
Yes, it will be crowded for Jones in Green Bay with Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Jennings, and tight end Jermichael Finley. If you’re a defensive coordinator, Jones is probably the fourth or fifth option that you worry about.
Jones could find himself in a mismatch and Rodgers will make them pay.
The Packers have some solid matchups coming up. They face the Minnesota Vikings this week, who have not been the same team since Chris Cook went down. They also face the Vikings in Week 17 for leagues that play the full season out.
In Week 14 when typical fantasy football playoffs kick off, the Packers do battle with the Detroit Lions. That figures to be a high-scoring affair. You’ll at least want to hold onto James until after that game.
In Week 15 the Packers travel South to face the Chicago Bears. It’s debatable whether or not you want Jones on your roster for that game.
In Week 16, the typical fantasy football championship week, the Packers face the Tennessee Titans. That game has some potential for the Packers’ passing game.
At this point I would say that you don’t necessarily have to play James Jones, but he should at least be on a fantasy roster in most leagues.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 13 Fantasy QB Rankings
- 2012 Week 13 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 13 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 13 Fantasy TE Rankings
- 2012 Week 13 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 13 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 13 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 13 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 13 NFL Picks
- 2012 Week 13 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- Should Julian Edelman Be on Your Fantasy Football Team?
- Should You Be Sittin’ Jason Witten?
- Should You Be Backing Beanie Wells?
- Can Knowshon Moreno Deliver a Fantasy Football Championship?
- Should You Be Worries About Matt Ryan?