Fantasy Baseball: Revised 2010 DH Rankings
The first time around I ranked 11 designated hitters. Some of those players aren’t going to hold the position in 2010 (Adam Lind) and others are simply not worthy of your fantasy rosters.
Without further ado, here is my revised DH rankings.
1. Vladimir Guerrero – I had him third last time, but I’v reconsidered. He’s going to a great offense in a park where he’s hit extremely well.
2. David Ortiz – He found his power stroke in June and hit 27 HRs with 78 RBIs to close out the year.
3. Jason Kubel – His OF eligibility makes him more valuable, but you’re taking him for his long ball.
4. Hideki Matsui – Matsui is leaving the potent lineup of the Yankees for the Angels. I think he’s well-suited for Mike Scioscia’s style.
5. Nick Johnson – Health is always an issue with Johnson, but the man can hit. If he hits second in the Yankees’ lineup, his value will soar. Nick also has 1B eligibility.
6. Luke Scott – Scott is a great late-round HR pick. The trade-off is the average. Should have OF eligibility.
7. Jose Guillen – Guillen is an excellent candidate for a 2010 rebound. He also has OF eligibility.
8. Travis Hafner – Injuries have plagued Pronk, but he could be productive in Cleveland’s young offense.
9. Jack Cust – He’s gonna go yard, but I’m concerned that Jake Fox will take some of his ABs.