Fantasy Football Mock Draft Round 1: Non-PPR leagues
It’s time for my first look at first round selections for fantasy football non-PPR 12-team drafts.
1. Adrian Peterson – Peterson has that amazing blend of power and speed. He is fresh off a rushing title and another double-digit TD season. He wasn’t happy with his fumbles last year so he’s working to be even stronger. If you land the #1 pick, AP is your best bet.
2. Michael Turner – I know some people are down on Turner this year because of his early struggles against good defenses. He was a beast down the stretch, though, scoring in seven of his last eight games. His TD production will likely decrease because of the Tony Gonzalez signing, but he should be able to produce 1500+ total yards and 12+ TDs.
3. Maurice Jones-Drew – MJD finally gets a chance to shine on his own, which should translate to monster numbers. He is a dual-threat with his feet and his hands, and has a nose for the end zone.
5. LaDainian Tomlinson – The old man still has some life in those tires. He fought through injuries last year for a down year of 1536 total yards and 12 TDs. Even if he can match those numbers he’ll be worth a top five selection.
6. Larry Fitzgerald – Here’s where I part from the norm. I know, everybody loves RBs, but Fitz produces like one. He has had 1400 yards/10 TDs in three of the past four years. I prefer him over the other RBs at this point.
10. Randy Moss – Moss is right up there with all the RBs as one of the most likely players to have double-digit TDs. He caught 11 with Matt Cassell, so one would think a healthy Tom Brady could lead him closer to the record 23 in caught in 2007.
12. Drew Brees – Can you tell my faith in RBs this year has been challenged? There are too many RBBCs and the rules favor the passing game. Drew Brees is an absolute stud QB who should throw for 4500+ yards and around 30 TDs.