Fantasy Football Mock Draft Round 1: PPR leagues
Yesterday, I did a Round One mock for non-PPR leagues. Now it’s time for my first look at first round selections for fantasy football PPR 12-team drafts.
1. Adrian Peterson - AP’s hold on #1 isn’t as firm in PPR leagues, but I still believe he brings too much to the table to go with anybody else. He’s capable of ripping off a 200o yard season, which would put him in some elite company.
2. Maurice Jones-Drew - I can justify him as the #2 pick in non-PPR leagues, so sliding him to #2 in a PPR league makes complete sense. Drew should catch 40+ passes to go along with double-digit TDs and 1500+ total yards.
4. LaDainian Tomlinson – LT remains a force in PPR leagues. He may catch fewer passes with an increase role for Darren Sproles, but he still should grab at least 35. Like I said before, LT’s “down year” was pretty solid. He should bounce back nicely.
5. Larry Fitzgerald – Fitz moves up into the top five in PPR leagues for me. I like sure things in the first round, and Fitz is pretty much it. He showed a burst in his second Super Bowl TD that I didn’t know he had. Makes him even scarier.
8. Andre Johnson – With the 100+ receptions Andre should have this year, he moves up a slot to #8. Combine that with 1400+ yards and 8+ TDs and you have a valuable commodity.
10. Randy Moss – I don’t think he’ll catch nearly as many passes as he caught in his record-breaking 2007 season, but Moss should grab 80+ passes with 12+ TDs with Brady back under Center.
12. Steve Smith - As long as he doesn’t miss time for breaking a teammates nose, Smith should be a first round talent in PPR leagues, bumping Drew Brees out of the 12 slot. His production with those two missed games and spotty QB play was remarkable. He can score anytime he touches the football.