Should You Ignore Denarius Moore?
Oakland Raiders wide receiver Denarius Moore has fallen on hard times. He was once considered a quality number two option for fantasy football teams. Lately, he hasn’t even been a flex-play option. Can he be trusted going forward?
In Weeks 2-10, Moore averaged 71.9 yards per game with five touchdowns in eight games. That’s an average of double-digit fantasy points in non-PPR (points per reception) leagues.
Recently, though, Denarius has had his production scaled way back. In his last four games, Moore’s high water mark is 43 yards. After scoring in five of his first eight games, he has only scored in one of his past four.
During his stretch, Moore is averaging two receptions per game for 25.8 yards per game.
The double-digit fantasy points per game he experienced in the first eight games has been more than cut in half in the past four.
Darrius Heyward-Bey has become the more reliable threat at receiver for the Raiders. The top WR option the past two weeks has been Rod Streater with seven catches for 196 yards and a touchdown.
Tight End Brandon Myers didn’t show it on Thursday Night Football, but he has actually become Carson Palmer’s favorite target in the passing game.
A further complication for Moore is the return of running back Darren McFadden. As long as he can stay healthy, Run DMC will see his share of touches.
Moore’s outlook is bleak right now. I don’t know how you can rely on him in Week 15 against the Kansas City Chiefs or in Week 16 against the Carolina Panthers.
Perhaps, he can wow us next week and get back on track, but he is too risky of an option to roll with right now.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy QB Rankings
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy TE Rankings
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- 2012 Week 14 NFL Picks
- Should You Be Worried About Matt Ryan?
- Can Russell Wilson Continue to Deliver?
- STS Monday Morning Observations: Week 13
- Montell Owens: This Is How We Do It in Week 14?
- Can Kyle Rudolph Continue to Pick up Percy Harvin’s Slack?
- Should You Start Vick Ballard This Week?