Will Kenny Britt Emerge After the Bye?
When Kenny Britt caught four passes for 62 yards and a touchdown against the Steelers in Week 6 it looked like Britt was ready to return to form.
While his reception total was low, his 11 targets were encouraging.
He has disappointed in the four games since, averaging 41.8 yards. He had just 14 receptions during the stretch, but was targeted 25 times.
Britt did not have training camp and has been trying to get up to speed while simultaneously trying to get back to full strength. He has also had the misfortune of Jake Locker being out of action.
Britt will use the bye week as a crash course training camp. He will look to get on the same page as Jake Locker and the Titans will look for ways to get Britt more involved in the offense.
Britt may not pay immediate dividends as the Titans face the Jaguars and Texans coming out of the bye. They’ll probably lean heavily on Chris Johnson against the Jags and have difficulty moving the ball against Houston.
When the fantasy playoffs roll around things should look up. The Titans first take on the Colts, and the way Luck is playing they may have to air it out. Then they take on the mediocre Jets, followed by Green Bay. You know the Packers are going to hang points on the board so Britt will likely see a ton of looks.
I still wouldn’t consider him a reliable WR3 at this point, but he is definitely a WR4 with a lot of upside.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy QB Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy TE Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- 2012 Week 11 NFL Picks
- Should You Sell High on Randall Cobb?
- Should You Drop Justin Blackmon?
- Is It Time to Put the New York Giants’ Passing Game on Ice?