Should Mark Ingram Owners Cut Bait?
The New Orleans Saints are a mess defensively. They can’t stop the run. They can’t stop the pass. On the other side of the football it’s petty much the status quo. Brees, Colston, and Jimmy Graham are tearing it up and Sproles and Lance Moore have had their moments. Almost as disappointing as the defense has been Mark Ingram.
Pierre Thomas and Ingram have each had 37 carries. Besides the pathetic 7.4 rushing attempts per game they are managing, you should be concerned with the fact that Ingram has gained 76 fewer yards or a full two yards per carry less. Sproles has only had 17 carries, but is only 15 yards shy of Ingram.
Not to mention that Sproles (235 yards) and Thomas (139 yards) contribute in the passing game. Ingram has just one reception for negative one yard.
What’s worse is 53 yards and his lone touchdown came in Week 2 against Carolina. In the remaining four games he has totaled just 53 yards. Even Chris Johnson is laughing at that lack of production.
It likely isn’t getting better any time soon.
The Saints will continue to struggle on defense, meaning that it will be up to Drew Brees and company to move the chains and put points on the board. Thomas and Sproles are significantly better suited for this kind of use.
It may be time to give Ingram his walking papers. You will likely have a roster decision based on upcoming byes. Unless something drastically changes you won’t be able to count on Ingram in your lineups. Let somebody else have the dud.
If he shows signs of life you can try to snatch him back up, but he seems more likely to continue wasting space.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy QB Rankings
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy TE Rankings
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 6 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- 2012 Week 6 NFL Picks
- What to do About DeMarco Murray?
- Should Brandon Gibson Be On Your Radar?
- Why Is Alfred Morris Not Getting More Love?