Montell Owens: This Is How We Do It in Week 14?
No, Montell Owens did not record the 1995 hit “This is How We Do It”. That was Montell Jordan. He also isn’t the guy to send your bad kid to Boot Camp or reveal the identity of your child’s father. That was Montel Williams.
Montell Owens is the fourth Jacksonville Jaguars running back to get a crack at the lead back gig as injuries have forced Maurice Jones-Drew, Rashad Jennings and Jalen Parmele out of action.
Owens got his first seven carries last week against the Buffalo Bills. He managed to gain 29 yards (4.1 yards per carry). He also caught a pass for 11 yards. Montell was also able to punch in a two-point conversion.
While I wouldn’t recommend Owens as an ideal option in what figures to be most league’s opening round of the fantasy football playoffs, he is an option if you are in a pinch.
Owens will have fresh legs, which gives him a little edge at this stage of the season. He has good size at 5’10 and 225 pounds. If nothing else, he may be good for a one-yard plunge to makes fantasy owners that gambled on him very happy.
Another thing going for Owens is the matchup. The New York Jets rank 29th in the league in rushing with 137.7 yards per game allowed. They are also one of seven teams to have allowed a dozen or more rushing touchdowns.
It’s a bit of a desperation play at this point, but sometimes that’s the only option you have.
If you’re interested, this is how Montell Jordan did it in the mid-nineties:
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy QB Rankings
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy TE Rankings
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 14 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- 2012 Week 14 NFL Picks
- Should You Be Worried About Matt Ryan?
- Can Russell Wilson Continue to Deliver?
- STS Monday Morning Observations: Week 13