O.J. Mayo Suspended 10 Games
I blame myself for O.J. Mayo’s fall. When I traded for him he was averaging around 17 points per game. He’s down to 12.2 ppg and has been suspended for ten games. In all seriousness, owners like me may have to hit the waiver wire to find some help, though I’m not sure I would cut ties with Mayo altogether.
Tony Allen and Sam Young will get extra run in his absence, and could be decent fantasy options. I would probably look outside the Grizzlies organization to meet your fantasy needs.
Some shooting guard options that could be available in your league are:
- Ben Gordon, Detroit Pistons: 13.3 ppg in the past 15 days.
- Sasha Vujacic, New Jersey Nets: 13.1 ppg in the past 15 days.
- Daniel Gibson, Cleveland Cavaliers: 12.8, 4.4 apg in past 15 days.
- Anthony Morrow, New Jersey Nets: 17.5 ppg in past two games.
- Mike Miller, Miami Heat: Tempting match-up with Knicks tonight.
- Randy Foye, Los Angeles Clippers: 17.5 ppg in two starts in place of Eric Gordon.
The good news, or bad news, is that Mayo hasn’t really set the bar high for him of late. His inconsistency makes him a tough start anyway.