Is Ryan Tannehill a Reasonable Fantasy Football Option This Week?
Miami Dolphins rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill has a favorable matchup in the Thursday Night Football game this week. The Buffalo Bills rank 21st in passing yards allowed at 246.3 yards per game. They are also one of six teams to have allowed 18 or more passing touchdowns.
With a number or quarterback injuries (Ben Roethlisberger, Jay Cutler, Michael Vick and Alex Smith) as well as quarterbacks on bye (Eli Manning, Russell Wilson, Jake Locker and Christian Ponder) should you turn to Tannehill considering his juicy matchup?
If you are playing in a two-quarterback league the likelihood that you would use Tannehill goes up. In 12-team leagues 24 of the 28 starting quarterbacks are in play this week.
In one-quarterback leagues, I’d say only use Tannehill if you’re desperate.
Last week Tannehill also had a favorable matchup. He did not throw a touchdown pass, yet the Tennessee Titans remain tied for the league-lead with 20 touchdown passes allowed.
Not only did he not throw for a touchdown, Tannehill threw three interceptions to kill any fantasy owners that took a chance on him.
Tannehill is holding his own in reality, but for fantasy purposes he just hasn’t been very good. He has just one game with multiple touchdown passes and five games in which he did not even throw for a score.
Tannehill has only topped 225 yards in two games this year. Plus, he’s not exactly making up for his lack of passing production with his feet.
Tannehill has just one rushing touchdown on the year and 23 yards on 20 carries. He has three games with positive rushing yardage. His totals in those games were 14, three and 16 yards.
If you’re for in an absolute bind you can roll with Tannehill, but you may be better off going with the likes of Nick Foles, John Skelton or Byron Leftwich this week.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy QB Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy TE Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- 2012 Week 11 NFL Picks
- Should You Sell High on Randall Cobb?
- Should You Drop Justin Blackmon?
- Is It Time to Put the New York Giants’ Passing Game on Ice?