Super Bowl Observations
It was a great game. That is for sure. Here are some things I took away from the game.
1. This is the most important one to me. The last play was WAY too close for them not to go the the review. It was a big play that helped decide the SUPER BOWL. I’m not saying it should have been overturned, but at least take the time to review one of the biggest plays in the biggest game of the year.
2. Larry Fitzgerald is darn good. He was easily the best player on the field in my eyes. He’s such a gift to watch. His attitude makes him even more amazing. I’d say he’s one of the NFL’s Top 10 players.
3. Denny Green gets a lot of crap, but his thumbprint is on the NFC Champion.
4. The first Super Bowl Big Ben was pretty much along for the ride. He won this one.
5. Santonio Holmes was a difference maker. I’m still impressed with Pittsburgh for having the courage to take a stand when he got in trouble earlier in the year and the decency to give him another chance.
6. The Edge looked like he still has life in his legs. If he can swallow his pride and be willing to share the load, he has another year in him.
7. Hines Ward is TOUGH. It’s amazing a player as tough as he is can smile so brightly. Pretty refreshing.
8. Arizona’s D actually looked better than Pittsburgh’s.
9. Pittsburgh sure knows how to hire Coaches.
10. If Heath Miller was in a more TE-friendly Offense he’d be a star.
11. Philip Rivers may feel a little inadequate as Big Ben has two rings and Eli has one.
12. The Super Bowl Pick ‘em Contest was won by a Londoner. OK, so he’s from Rochester, NY, but he lives in London. Nice job King.