With an exciting 15th week under our belts, here are the LestersLegends 2012 Week 16 fantasy football tight end rankings.
1. Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots
Hernandez is averaging 82.3 yards and a touchdown in his past three games. Even if Rob Gronkowski does return, Hernandez should be a key option in the Patriots’ passing attack against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
2. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
Witten scored for just the second time this year. He is a steady option and has serious upside against the New Orleans Saints. The Saints have allowed five tight end touchdowns in the past six games.
3. Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta Falcons
Gonzo has scored in two of his past three games. He’s up to eight touchdowns on the year. The Detroit Lions have allowed eight tight end touchdowns this year.
4. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
Graham has gone quiet as a wrist injury has slowed him down. Still, it’s hard to imagine sitting a player with Graham’s potential in the biggest fantasy game of the year.
5. Heath Miller, Pittsburgh Steelers
Miller is averaging 85 yards with two touchdowns in his past three games. He had 53 yards and a touchdown in his first meeting with the Cincinnati Bengals.
6. Greg Olsen, Carolina Panthers
Olsen ranks sixth among receivers with 747 yards. The Oakland Raiders have allowed eight tight end touchdowns, including three in the past four games.
7. Dennis Pitta, Baltimore Ravens
Pitta has averaged 58 yards and a touchdown in his past four games. He has seven scores on the year. The New York Giants have allowed three tight end touchdowns in the past seven games.
8. Owen Daniels, Houston Texans
Daniels ranks ninth in tight end yardage with 662 yards. He’s also one of eight tight ends with six or more touchdowns. The Minnesota Vikings have allowed seven tight end scores.
9. Jermaine Gresham, Cincinnati Bengals
Gresham ranks eighth in tight end yardage with 699. He has two touchdowns in his past four games. The Steelers have allowed five tight end touchdowns.
10. Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers
Gates snapped a streak of four straight games without a touchdown. He’s a risk/reward play against the New York Jets.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy QB Rankings
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- 2012 Week 16 NFL Picks
- Should You Be Concerned With A.J. Green in Week 16?
- The Bryce is Wrong?
- Should You Start Jimmy Graham in Week 16?