Fantasy football drafts are here or rapidly approaching. Here is an expanded look at the Lester’s Legends 2015 quarterback rankings.
1. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
The guard has changed. Andrew Luck led the NFL with 40 passing touchdowns in 2014. He also threw for 4,761 yards while adding 273 yards and three touchdowns on the ground. The Indianapolis Colts added Andre Johnson to give Luck another weapon.
2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
Aaron Rodgers continues to put up big numbers. In 2014 He threw for 4,381 yards and 38 touchdowns with only five interceptions. Rodgers ran for 269 yards and a pair of scores.
3. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
Peyton Manning should continue to deliver during the regular season. He’ll miss Julius Thomas, but look for Peyton to make somebody else a star. Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders and Owen Daniels figure to keep Manning rolling.
4. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
Russell Wilson should take a step forward thanks to the arrival of Jimmy Graham. In 2014 Wilson threw for 3,475 yards and 20 touchdowns while adding 849 yards and six touchdowns on the ground.
5. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
Meanwhile, Drew Brees will dearly miss Jimmy Graham. Brees fell 48 yards shy of a fourth straight 5,000 yard season in 2014. He added 33 touchdown passes. Like Peyton, Brees will just make new stars.
6. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
Ben Roethlisberger threw for 4,952 yards and 32 touchdowns in 2014. Big Ben has averaged 28.7 touchdowns over the past three seasons. With a young receiving corps, look for Roethlisberger to turn in another fine season.
7. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
Tom Brady won his appeal. That whole proof thing came into play. Brady threw for 4,109 yards and 33 touchdowns last year. During Weeks 6-15 Brady averaged 307.1 yards and 2.9 touchdowns per game.
8. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
Cam Newton was banged up for much of the 2014 season, but finished with 3,127 yards and 18 touchdowns with another 539 yards and five scores on the ground. He missed two games and was limited in several more. The loss of Kelvin Benjamin hurts his value, but Greg Olsen and Devin Funchess should keep Cam a high-end option.
9. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
Matt Ryan threw for 4,694 yards and 28 touchdowns in 2014. Over the past three seasons he has averaged 4,642.7 yards and 28.7 touchdowns.
10. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
In 2014 Tony Romo threw for 3,705 yards and 34 touchdowns. The loss of DeMarco Murray should put more of the load on Romo’s shoulders.
The Next Batch
11. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
12. Eli Manning, New York Giants
13. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
14. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins
15. Teddy Bridgewater, Minnesota Vikings
16. Sam Bradford, Philadelphia Eagles
17. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
18. Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
19. Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals
20. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
Also check out:
- 2015 Fantasy Football Running Back Rankings
- 2015 Fantasy Football Wide Receiver Rankings
- 2015 Fantasy Football Tight End Rankings
- 2015 Fantasy Football Kicker Rankings
- 2015 Fantasy Football Team Defense Rankings
- 2015 Top Four Rookie Fantasy Football Quarterbacks
- 2015 Top Five Rookie Fantasy Football Running Backs
- 2015 Top Five Rookie Fantasy Football Wide Receivers