Here are the Lester’s Legends running back rankings for Super Bowl XLIX.
1. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
Marshawn Lynch averaged 104.6 total yards and 1.1 touchdowns per game during the regular season. He had just 65 total yards in the playoff win over the Carolina Panthers, but rolled on the Green Bay Packers for 183 total yards and a touchdown in the NFC Championship. Look for Beast Mode to play a key roll against the New England Patriots because after all, he all ’bout that action boss. Bill Belichick is known limiting his opponent’s strengths. I’m not sure how much he can do that to Lynch.
2. LeGarrette Blount, New England Patriots
LeGarrette Blount averaged 59.8 total yards and 0.6 touchdowns after returning to the New England Patriots. He had three carries for one yard against the Ravens. You never know how Bill Belichick will use his backs. Blount blasted the Indianapolis Colts for 148 yards and three touchdowns. If only the Patriots had properly inflated balls. The Colts would have been able to tackle them better. That should not be an issue in the Super Bowl though so he’ll find tougher sledding against the Seahawks’ third-ranked run defense.
3. Shane Vereen, New England Patriots
Shane Vereen averaged 52.4 total yards and 0.3 touchdowns per game during the regular season. He had just one carry for six yards in the win against the Baltimore Ravens, but he caught four passes for 39 yards. Vereen had one carry for two yards against the Colts, but caught three passes for 41 yards.
4. Robert Turbin, Seattle Seahawks
5. Jonas Gray, New England Patriots
Also check out:
- Super Bowl XLIX Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- Super Bowl XLIX Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- Super Bowl XLIX Fantasy Football TE Rankings
- Super Bowl XLIX Fantasy Football K Rankings
- Super Bowl XLIX Fantasy Football DEF Rankings
- Super Bowl XLIX NFL Pick