The smell of football is in the air. Here are the Lester’s Legends 2014 Week 1 fantasy football quarterback rankings.
1. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
Peyton Manning shattered NFL records last year en route to turning in the finest fantasy football season ever. He threw for 5,477 yards and 55 touchdowns. Last year he threw for 386 yards and three touchdowns against the Indianapolis Colts. Manning threw for 462 yards and seven touchdowns last year in the season opener.
2. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
Brees threw for 5,162 yards and 39 touchdowns last year. He’ll begin his quest for a fourth straight year with 5,000 yards against the Atlanta Falcons. He averaged 317.5 yards against them last year and has averaged 318.8 yards in his past 12 meetings against them.
3. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
Matty Ice and the Falcons will try to put 2013 behind him in what should be a shootout with the Saints. Ryan has averaged 4,279 yards 28.8 touchdowns over the past four seasons. Matty Ice averaged 298 against the Saints last year and 284 yards with 16 touchdowns in 11 career meetings with them.
4. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
Stafford threw for 4,650 yards and 29 touchdowns last year, bringing his three-year average to 4,885 yards and 30 touchdowns per season. The addition of Golden Tate and Eric Ebron should make Stafford even more dangerous. Look for Stafford to get off to a fast start against the New York Giants.
5. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears
Equipped with the best wide receiver duo in the league (Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery), one of the best pass-catching running backs (Matt Forte) and a solid tight end (Martellus Bennett), Cutler is poised to deliver big numbers in 2014. He’ll get started against the Buffalo Bills.
6. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
Andrew Luck threw for 3,822 yards and 23 touchdowns. He added 377 yards and four touchdowns with his feet. He threw for 228 yards and three touchdowns against the Broncos last year, with another 29 yards and a score on the ground.
7. Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles
Foles threw for 27 touchdowns with just two interceptions last year. Chip Kelly’s offense could be even more impressive in his second year. While the Eagles will miss DeSean Jackson, look for Jeremy Maclin, Darren Sproles and Zach Ertz to pick up the slack.
8. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
Rodgers was limited to nine games last year, but he finished with 2,536 yards and 17 touchdown passes. He remains an elite option, but has a tough opening draw against the Seattle Seahawks.
9. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
Kaepernick gets Michael Crabtree back, which should help his development as a passer, especially when paired with Vernon Davis, Anquan Boldin and Stevie Johnson. Kaepernick faces the Dallas Cowboys. They Boys allowed 286.8 yards and 2.1 touchdowns per game through the air.
10. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
Brady doesn’t have quality outside weapons, but he should still be quite productive against the Miami Dolphins throwing to Rob Gronkowski, Shane Vereen and Julian Edelman.
The Next Batch
11. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
12. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys vs. San Francisco 49ers
13. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers @ Arizona Cardinals
14. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks vs. Green Bay Packers
15. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins @ Houston Texans
16. Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals vs. San Diego Chargers
17. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens
18. Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs vs. Tennessee Titans
19. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns
20. Eli Manning, New York Giants @ Detroit Lions
Also check out:
- 2014 Week 1 Fantasy Football Running Back Rankings
- 2014 Week 1 NFL Picks
- 2014 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings
- 2014 Fantasy Football Running Back Rankings
- 2014 Fantasy Football Running Back PPR Rankings
- 2014 Fantasy Football Wide Receiver Rankings
- 2014 Fantasy Football Tight End Rankings
- 2014 Fantasy Football Tight End PPR Rankings
- 2014 Fantasy Football Kicker Rankings
- 2014 Fantasy Football Team Defense Rankings