With another exciting week of football under our belts, here are the Lester’s Legends 2014 Week 9 fantasy football running back rankings.
1. DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys
DeMarco Murray just continues to chew up the NFL. He’s averaging 161.6 total yards and 0.9 touchdowns per game. He extended his record with his eighth straight game with at least 100 yards. He faces the Arizona Cardinals. The Cards play the run well, but Murray is on fire.
2. Arian Foster, Houston Texans
Arian Foster 133.1 total yards and 1.3 touchdowns per game. The Buffalo Bills are the only team to contain him (61 total yards). In the other six games Foster averaged 145.2 yards and 1.5 touchdowns. The Philadelphia Eagles have the tall task of trying to slow Foster down. The Eagles have allowed 116.7 yards per game.
3. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
Marshawn Lynch is averaging 89.9 total yards and 0.9 touchdowns per game. He faces the Oakland Raiders at home. Lynch is averaging 104.7 total yards and 1.3 touchdowns in home starts. The Raiders have allowed 130.1 yards and a touchdown per game.
4. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs
Jamaal Charles is averaging 102 total yards and 1.5 touchdowns in his past four games. He should stay hot against the New York Jets.
5. Giovani Bernard, Cincinnati Bengals
Giovani Bernard is averaging 89.3 total yards and 0.7 touchdowns per game. He has just 63 total yards in his past two games. Bernard should snap out of his funk against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jags have allowed 115 yards and 0.6 touchdowns per game.
6. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
LeSean McCoy is averaging 112.3 total yards in his past three games. Look for him to do his part in a battle of versatile backs as the Eagles face the Texans.
7. Le’Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers
Le’Veon Bell is averaging 136.8 total yards per game. He has just two touchdowns on the year, which hurts his value. Regardless, Bell has been consistently dominant. He faces the Baltimore Ravens. Bell had 107 total yards in the first meeting.
8. Ben Tate, Cleveland Browns
Ben Tate is averaging 61 yards and 0.6 touchdowns per game on the ground. After a couple of slow game he could bust out against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Bucs have allowed 123.9 yards and a touchdown per game.
9. Andre Ellington, Arizona Cardinals
Andre Ellington is averaging 105.4 total yards and 0.4 touchdowns per game. The Cardinals will lean heavily on Ellington against the Cowboys.
10. Mark Ingram, New Orleans Saints
Mark Ingram rolled on the Green Bay Packers for 172 yards and a touchdown. He’s now averaging 92.3 total yards and a touchdown per game. Ingram should take it to the Carolina Panthers. The Panthers have allowed 135.3 yards and a touchdown per game.
11. Lamar Miller, Miami Dolphins
Lamar Miller is averaging 94.8 total yards and 0.8 touchdowns in his past five games. He’ll look to stay hot against the San Diego Chargers. The Bolts have allowed 110.9 rushing yards per game.
12. Ronnie Hillman, Denver Broncos
Ronnie Hillman is averaging 119 total yards and 0.7 touchdowns in his past three games. We know he loses touchdowns to Peyton Manning and the passing game, but Juwan Thompson stole a pair of short scores. Frustrating, but Hillman remains an RB1 against the New England Patriots. The Pats have allowed 129.6 yards per game.
13. Justin Forsett, Baltimore Ravens
Justin Forsett is averaging 88.3 total yards and 0.4 touchdowns per game. He faces the Steelers. Pittsburgh has allowed 107.8 yards and 0.9 touchdowns per game.
14. Chris Ivory, New York Jets
Chris Ivory is averaging 72.3 total yards and 0.6 touchdowns per game. He takes on the Chiefs. Kansas City has allowed 112.9 yards per game.
15. Branden Oliver, San Diego Chargers
Branden Oliver is averaging 111.8 total yards and 0.8 touchdowns in his past four games. The Dolphins have allowed 111.1 rushing yards per game.
The Next Batch
16. Alfred Morris, Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings
17. Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers vs. St. Louis Rams
18. Ahmad Bradshaw, Indianapolis Colts at New York Giants
19. Rashad Jennings, New York Giants vs. Indianapolis Colts (monitor knee)
20. Shane Vereen, New England Patriots vs. Denver Broncos
21. Jerick McKinnon, Minnesota Vikings vs. Washington Redskins
22. Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers vs. New Orleans Saints
23. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders at Seattle Seahawks
24. Denard Robinson, Jacksonville Jaguars at Cincinnati Bengals
25. Tre Mason, St. Louis Rams at San Francisco 49ers
Also check out:
- 2014 Week 9 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings
- 2014 Week 9 Fantasy Football Wide Receiver Rankings
- 2014 Week 9 Fantasy Football Tight End Rankings
- 2014 Week 9 Fantasy Football Kicker Rankings
- 2014 Week 9 Fantasy Football Team Defense Rankings
- 2014 Week 9 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2014 Week 9 Fantasy Football Start/Sit
- 2014 Week 9 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Advice
- 2014 Week 9 NFL Picks