With another exciting week of football under our belts, here are the Lester’s Legends 2014 Week 5 fantasy football running back rankings.
1. Le’Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers
Bell is averaging 142.5 total yards per game. He has scored just one touchdown, but that could change against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jags have allowed 130.5 yards and a touchdown per game. They are terrible against the pass as well.
2. DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys
Murray is averaging 150.5 yards and 1.3 touchdowns per game as the Dallas Cowboys have become a run-heavy team. He should roll on the Houston Texans. The Texans have allowed 130.3 yards per game.
3. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
Beast Mode is averaging 105 total yards and 1.7 touchdowns per game. He should pound on the Washington Redskins coming out of his bye.
4. Rashad Jennings, New York Giants
Jennings is averaging 108.3 yards and 0.5 touchdowns per game. He’ll have fresh legs against the Atlanta Falcons after playing the Thursday game. The Falcons have allowed a staggering 153.5 yards and 2.3 touchdowns per game.
5. Giovani Bernard, Cincinnati Bengals
Bernard is averaging 111 total yards and a touchdown per game. He should be fresh out of the bye to face the New England Patriots.
6. Matt Forte, Chicago Bears
Forte is averaging 113 total yards. He faces the Carolina Panthers. The Panthers have surprisingly allowed 140.8 yards per game.
7. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs
Charles bounced back in a big way against the New England Patriots. He’ll face a tougher defense this week against the San Francisco 49ers, but Charles remains an elite back.
8. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
Shady is averaging 64 total yards with just one touchdown. He hasn’t caught a pass since Week 2. This is the time to try to buy low on McCoy because he faces the St. Louis Rams this week. The Rams have allowed 155 yards and 1.3 touchdowns per game.
9. Zac Stacy, St. Louis Rams
Stacy is averaging 81 total yards and 0.3 touchdowns per game. He should be solid coming out of the bye to face the Eagles. Philadelphia has allowed 133.8 rushing yards per game.
10. Eddie Lacy, Green Bay Packers
Lacy had just 59 total yards last week against the Bears, but he scored his first touchdown of the year. Aaron Rodgers set the tone in the passing game. Look for a more balanced attack against the Minnesota Vikings. Lacy averaged 135 total yards and a touchdown last year in two games against the Vikings.
11. Arian Foster, Houston Texans
Foster is averaging 110.3 total yards and 0.3 touchdowns per game. As long as his hamstring doesn’t give him issues, Foster is a solid RB1 against the Cowboys.
12. Montee Ball, Denver Broncos
Ball is averaging 72 total yards and 0.3 touchdowns per game. He has a tough match-up against the Arizona Cardinals, but Peyton Manning will keep them honest.
13. Andre Ellington, Arizona Cardinals
Ellington is averaging 85.3 total yards per game. He faces the Broncos. Denver has allowed 105.3 yards and 1.3 touchdowns per game on the ground.
14. Alfred Morris, Washington Redskins
Morris is averaging 85.8 yards and 0.8 touchdowns per game. He has a tough draw against the Seahawks, but remains a borderline RB1.
15. Matt Asiata, Minnesota Vikings
Asiata had 100 total yards and three touchdowns last week against the Falcons. He faces the Packers this week. Green Bay has allowed 176 rushing yards per game.
The Next Batch
16. Khiry Robinson, New Orleans Saints vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
17. Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs
18. Chris Ivory, New York Jets at San Diego Chargers
19. Doug Martin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints
20. Ahmad Bradshaw, Indianapolis Colts vs. Baltimore Ravens
21. LeGarrette Blount, Pittsburgh Steelers at Jacksonville Jaguars
22. Bishop Sankey, Tennessee Titans vs. Cleveland Browns
23. Terrance West, Cleveland Browns at Tennessee Titans
24. C.J. Spiller, Buffalo Bills at Detroit Lions
25. Chris Johnson, New York Jets at San Diego Chargers
26. Reggie Bush, Detroit Lions vs. Buffalo Bills
27. Joique Bell, Detroit Lions vs. Buffalo Bills
28. Trent Richardson, Indianapolis Colts vs. Baltimore Ravens
29. Shane Vereen, New England Patriots vs. Cincinnati Bengals
30. Toby Gerhart, Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
Also check out:
- 2014 Week 5 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings
- 2014 Week 5 Fantasy Football Tight End Rankings
- 2014 Week 5 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Advice