Image courtesy of Icon SMI
Here’s my Week 17 running back rankings for the leagues that play this thing through until the bitter end.
1. Arian Foster vs. Jacksonville
2. Jamaal Charles vs. Oakland
3. Chris Johnson @ Indianapolis
4. Michael Turner vs. Carolina
5. Adrian Peterson @ Detroit
6. Ray Rice vs. Cincinnati
7. Rashard Mendenhall @ Cleveland
8. LeSean McCoy vs. Dallas
9. Steven Jackson @ Seattle
10. Ryan Mathews @ Denver
11. LeGarrette Blount @ New Orleans
12. Matt Forte @ Green Bay
13. Ryan Torain vs. New York Giants
14. Peyton Hillis vs. Pittsburgh
15. BenJarvus Green-Ellis vs. Miami
16. Shonn Greene vs. Buffalo
17. Ahmad Bradshaw @ Washington
18. Felix Jones @ Philadelphia
19. Darren McFadden @ Kansas City
20. Fred Jackson @ New York Jets
21. Ronnie Brown @ New England
22. Rashard Jennings @ Houston
23. Correll Buckhalter vs. San Diego
24. LaDainian Tomlinson vs. Buffalo
25. Marshawn Lynch vs. St. Louis
26. Cedric Benson @ Baltimore
27. Jonathan Stewart @ Atlanta
28. Beanie Wells @ San Francisco
29. Brandon Jacobs @ Washington
30. Pierre Thomas vs. Tampa Bay
Inside the numbers:
- Foster goes for his 15th rushing touchdown against Jacksonville, a team he ran for 56 yards and a score against in Week 10.
- Chris Johnson badly missed the mark he set last year, but is still turning in a fine season. He takes on the Colts who had ran for 111 yards and a score against in the opener.
- LeGarrette Blount is gathering steam with three 100+ yards performances in his past four games. Look out New Orleans the big man is hard to tackle.
- Ryan Mathews won’t justify his high draft status (fantasy or otherwise), but he should pay dividends for some fantasy owners this week facing a bad Broncos defense.
- Matt Forte is peaking at the right time averaging 133.5 total yards the past two games as the Bears have scored a combined 78 points. Look for a strong finish against the Packers.
- Shonn Greene finally found the end zone in Week 15. He hadn’t scored since Week 5. He faces the soft Bills run defense that he shredded for 117 yards in Week 4. LaDainian Tomlinson is an RB2 as well.
- Ronnie Brown scored for the second straight week.
- I’m concerned with Knowshon Moreno’s health. No point starting him in the final week of a lost season.
- Darren McFadden has had a great run this season, but there is concern that his ankle/toe injury could force him out of action this week.
- ***Update*** After watching AP slice up the Eagles defense, I’m bumping him into the top six for the finale.
- ***Update*** It looks like MJD will miss this week’s game. I’m being more cautious with Rashard Jennings though.
Also check out:
- Week 17 Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em Waiver Wire Advice
- Week 17 Fantasy QB Rankings
- Week 17 Fantasy WR Rankings
- Week 17 Fantasy TE Rankings
- Week 17 Fantasy K Rankings
- Week 17 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- Week 17 Fantasy IDP Rankings
- Week 17 Start/Sit Advice
- Week 17 Fantasy Sleepers