Click here to enter the 2015 Lester’s Legends Fantasy Football Team Name Contest!
Football season is rapidly approaching. This is the first look at the Lester’s Legends 2015 running back rankings.
1. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings
Unless you have been living under a rock you know that Adrian Peterson missed the majority of the 2014 season. His legs should be fresh and he should put up huge numbers in Norv Turner’s offense.
2. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs
Jamaal Charles had 1,324 total yards in 2014 with 14 touchdowns. Over the past three seasons he’s averaged 1,683 total yards and 13 touchdowns.
3. Le’Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers
Le’Veon Bell had 2,215 total yards with 11 touchdowns. In the final six games Bell averaged 167 total yards and 1.3 touchdowns per game.
4. Eddie Lacy, Green Bay Packers
Eddie Lacy has averaged 1,500.5 total yards and 12 touchdowns in his first two seasons. At 25 Lacy should continue to roll.
5. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
Marshawn Lynch could lose some touches near the goal line, but at least it will be Jimmy Graham that he’s yielding them to. Over the past four seasons Beast Mode has averaged 1,612 total yards and 14 touchdowns.
6. DeMarco Murray, Philadelphia Eagles
DeMarco Murray is part of a crowded backfield with Ryan Mathews and Darren Sproles, but he should still have plenty of touches in Chip Kelly’s offense. Murray had 2,261 total yards and 13 touchdowns in 2014. Even a 20 percent decrease in production, would yield 1,809 total yards and 10 touchdowns.
7. Arian Foster, Houston Texans
Arian Foster bounced back with 1,573 total yards and 13 touchdowns in 2014. He has averaged 1,600 total yards and 12.4 touchdowns over the past five seasons despite missing half of the 2013 season.
8. Matt Forte, Chicago Bears
In 2014 Matt Forte had 1,846 total yards and 10 touchdowns. In seven seasons he’s averaging 1,633 total yards and 8.1 touchdowns.
9. LeSean McCoy, Buffalo Bills
LeSean McCoy had 1,474 total yards and five touchdowns in 2014. He lost looks in the passing to Darren Sproles with the Eagles last year. McCoy should return to his dual threat role with the Bills.
10. Jeremy Hill, Cincinnati Bengals
Jeremy Hill ran for 1,124 yards and nine touchdowns with 27 catches for 215 yards. Over the final six games of the year he averaged 112.6 total yards and 0.7 touchdowns per game.
Also check out:
- 2015 Early Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings
- 2015 Early Fantasy Football Wide Receiver Rankings
- 2015 Early Fantasy Football Tight End Rankings
- 2015 Early Fantasy Football Kicker Rankings
- 2015 Early Fantasy Football Team Defense Rankings
- 2015 Top Four Rookie Fantasy Football Quarterbacks
- 2015 Top Five Rookie Fantasy Football Running Backs
- 2015 Top Five Rookie Fantasy Football Wide Receivers