With an exciting opening week of football under our belts, here are the Lester’s Legends 2014 Week 2 fantasy football wide receiver rankings.
1. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions
Megatron has averaged 1,712.3 yards and 11 touchdowns over the past three seasons and did not disappoint in the season opener. Johnson had 164 yards and a pair of touchdowns against the New York Giants. This week he will prey on the Carolina Panthers.
2. A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals
Green had 131 yards and a touchdown in the first week. He is typically a fast starter with nine touchdowns in 12 September games. He’ll look to continue that trend against the Atlanta Falcons.
3. Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos
Thomas had a slow start with just 48 yards as Peyton Manning connected with Julius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders for 181 yards and three touchdowns. Demaryius led the Broncos with 11 targets and should see a heavy dose against the Kansas City Chiefs.
4. Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons
Jones picked up where he left 2013 off with seven catches for 116 yards. He faces the Bengals. They just gave up 345 passing yards to the Baltimore Ravens.
5. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboy
Bryant had 55 yards in Week 1. He has averaged 1,307.5 yards and 12.5 touchdowns over the past two seasons. He faces the Tennessee Titans.
6. Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears
Marshall caught eight passes for 71 yards and a touchdown as he continues to thrive with Jay Cutler. He should get plenty of looks against the San Francisco 49ers with Alshon Jeffery banged up.
7. Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers
Nelson caught nine passes for 83 yards against the Seattle Seahawks. He should find life easier against the New York Jets. The Jets allowed two passing touchdowns to the Oakland Raiders last week.
8. Michael Floyd, Arizona Cardinals
Floyd caught five passes for 119 yards last week against the San Diego Chargers. He should roll against the New York Giants. The G-Men allowed 346 passing yards last week.
9. Cordarrelle Patterson, Minnesota Vikings
Patterson had just 26 receiving yards last week, but ran for 102 yards and a touchdown. Look for Norv Turner to continue to put him in a great position to succeed against the New England Patriots.
10. Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers
Brown had 116 yards and a touchdown last week against the Cleveland Browns. This week he faces the Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens yielded 301 yards to the Bengals.
11. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans
Johnson had 93 yards last week against the Washington Redskins. Look for a strong showing against a bad Oakland Raiders team.
12. Jeremy Maclin, Philadelphia Eagles
Maclin had 97 yards and a touchdown as he assumed the role as the primary option in the Eagles’ passing game. He should be busy in a shootout with the Indianapolis Colts.
13. Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons
White returned to form with 72 yards and a touchdown against the New Orleans Saints. He’s a solid WR2 against the Bengals.
14. Vincent Jackson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
V-Jax had just 36 yards in Week 1, but should find better fortunes against the St. Louis Rams.
15. Pierre Garcon, Washington Redskins
Garcon caught 10 passes last week for 77 yards. He should see plenty of targets against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jags gave up 322 yards to the Eagles last week.
16. Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers
Cobb had 58 yards and a touchdown last week against Seattle. He should also benefit from playing the Jets.
17. Emmanuel Sanders, Denver Broncos
Sanders did not take long to earn Peyton’s trust as he gained 77 yards in his Broncos debut.
18. Percy Harvin, Seattle Seahawks
Harvin had 100 total yards last week. The dual-threat should be productive against the Chargers. They gave up 304 yards to Carson Palmer.
19. Victor Cruz, New York Giants
Cruz had just 24 yards last week, but he’s a strong bet to bounce back against the Cardinals.
20. Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
Fitz had just one catch for 22 yards last week. Look for Palmer to get him more involved this week against the Giants.
The Next Batch
21. Keenan Allen, San Diego Chargers vs. Seattle Seahawks
22. Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis Colts vs. Philadelphia Eagles
23. Michael Crabtree, San Francisco 49ers vs. Chicago Bears
24. T.Y. Hilton, Indianapolis Colts vs. Philadelphia Eagles
25. Torrey Smith, Baltimore Ravens vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
26. Mike Wallace, Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills
27. DeSean Jackson, Washington Redskins vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
28. Julian Edelman, New England Patriots @ Minnesota Vikings
29. Kendall Wright, Tennessee Titans vs. Dallas Cowboys
30. Marques Colston, New Orleans Saints @ Cleveland Browns
31. Eric Decker, New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers
32. Kelvin Benjamin, Carolina Panthers vs. Detroit Lions
33. Brandin Cooks, New Orleans Saints @ Cleveland Browns
34. Golden Tate, Detroit Lions @ Carolina Panthers
35. Anquan Boldin, San Francisco 49ers vs. Chicago Bears
Also check out:
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Running Back Rankings
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Tight End Rankings
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Kicker Rankings
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Team Defense Rankings
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Start/Sit
- 2014 Week 2 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Advice
- 2014 Week 2 NFL Picks