Is It Time to Sit Reggie Wayne?
Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne is averaging 43 yards in his past three games. He has just one touchdown in his past six games. Should you consider sitting him in the fantasy football championship game?
It has to be frustrating for Wayne owners. Even in Points-Per-Reception (PPR) leagues, Reggie has been disappointing of late, averaging 4.3 receptions in his past three games after averaging 7.6 receptions in his first 11 games.
There are a couple of factors at play.
For starters, rookie T.Y. Hilton has emerged. He is averaging 76 yards in his past three games. Hilton has five touchdowns in the past seven games. Wayne continues to be more heavily targeted, but Hilton is making more of his opportunities. Running back Vick Ballard has also stepped up his game. He has averaged 104.5 total yards the past two games while averaging 19 touches per game.
Andrew Luck may have hit the wall a little. He has thrown for 240 or fewer yards in three of his past four and four of his past six games. During that six-game stretch Luck has thrown 10 interceptions.
This week the Colts take on the Kansas City Chiefs. Reggie Wayne won’t have to deal with Brandon Flowers exclusively, but he will line up against him on occasion.
Whether or not you use Wayne this week will depend on your alternatives. Obviously if you are stacked at wide receiver, you may want to go with a hotter hand. You won’t likely find an option that is getting more looks though. Wayne has more targets than every receiver outside of Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall. Wayne still ranks fourth in the league with 1234 yards and is tied for fourth with 97 receptions.
He’s still an excellent PPR option and a solid standard league choice. He’s due for a big game. I wouldn’t have any hesitations playing him. That said, if you have a good alternative, I wouldn’t have any hesitations sitting him either.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy QB Rankings
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy TE Rankings
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 16 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 16 NFL Picks
- Should You Be Concerned With A.J. Green in Week 16?
- The Bryce is Wrong?
- Should You Start Jimmy Graham in Week 16?
- Stoppage Time Sports’ Early 2013 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- Is It Safe to Trust Brandon Lloyd?