Now Could Be the Time to Trade Carson Palmer
If you grabbed Carson Palmer as a backup and have been pleasantly surprised by the 782 yards he dropped on Tampa Bay and Baltimore, perhaps you can turn that into a prize.
It’s no secret that his matchup this week with New Orleans looks favorable. The Saints rank 31st in the league with 307.3 passing yards per game allowed. They are also one of four teams to have allowed 19 or more touchdown passes.
You know the Saints are going to put point on the board so Palmer is going to have to throw the ball plenty to keep up.
The Raiders are also hurting at running back so the load will fall squarely on Palmer’s shoulders. Palmer may not carry more value the rest of the year than he does right now.
There were a number of quarterbacks that went down last week. We’re talking Ben Roethlisberger, Jay Cutler, Michael Vick, and Alex Smith. Not to mention the fact that Eli Manning, Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, and Russell Wilson are on bye.
We are at the point of the season where teams can’t afford to fall behind. If they are dealing with the Eli bye or the Big Ben injury the pickings will be slim. Use that to your advantage.
If you trust your starting quarterback, roll the dice by trading Palmer in an effort to improve an area of your team.
None of the remaining games for Palmer scream of ideal matchup.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy QB Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy TE Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 11 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- 2012 Week 11 NFL Picks
- Should You Sell High on Randall Cobb?
- Should You Drop Justin Blackmon?
- Is It Time to Put the New York Giants’ Passing Game on Ice?