Vikings Make Good Call With Christian Ballard
After possibly reaching on their first pick, and taking a talented player that wasn’t a big need with their second pick, the Vikings were off to a rough start in the 2011 NFL Draft. Especially when you consider the Patriots used the Vikings’ third round pick from the Randy Moss trade to take Ryan Mallett.
Ballard gives the Vikings flexibility on the defensive line thanks to his ability to play both defensive end and defensive tackle. The former tight end has the quickness to play outside and the strength to move inside on passing downs.
This doesn’t make the draft a home run by any means, but it does ease the concerns a bit of Vikings fans that were confused by the Kyle Rudolph selection.
Also check out:
- 2011 NFL Draft First Round Quarterbacks
- 2011 NFL Draft First Round Running Back and Wide Receivers
- 2011 NFL Draft Second Round Fantasy Perspective
- Was Christian Ponder a Good Pick for the Minnesota Vikings?
- Vikings Fail to Address Need with Second Pick
This article is also featured at NFLTouchdown.com, where I am the Vikings Fan Voice writer.